cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

AllowExecuteCommand setting violation detected

Hi Guys.

Error : AllowExecuteCommand setting violation detected

i'm getting this error while trying execute a batch files, it works fine when i'm using QV11, i just upgrade my qvs into QV12.

i've try this 2 solution :

1. i already try add this line : AllowExecuteCommand=1 in settings.ini (already restart all services but it doesn't work.)

2. already try to change user preference, tab security, check script (allow database write and execute statement)

i've seen this thread :

Allow EXECUTE statement in QlikView 12

https://community.qlik.com/thread/211162

Any Solution ?

Thanks.

22 Replies
cg1_qlik
Contributor
Contributor

It helped me thanks a lot Mjamesking

Regards
Malli
clynch9918
Contributor II
Contributor II

Very interesting issue. 

This value "randomly" reverted from 1 to 0 on our environment on 3/15/2021. And wouldn't you know, one year to the date, we saw the same issue again today. We had to re-set it to 1 and restart services, and it's fine. At this point, I'm setting an annual reminder in Outlook to get ahead of it. But it's interesting to say the least. QV Nov 2017 SR 3 here. 

mkrattinger
Contributor
Contributor

Hi,

I'm not an QlikView expert but I have to support a legacy application and I had to solve this problem after a client decided to upgrade Windows Server to a newer version.

Changing the value of the parameter AllowExecuteCommand to 1 in the file C:\Windows\System32\config\systemprofile\AppData\Roaming\QlikTech\QlikViewBatch\Settings.ini didn't solve the problem.

I found an old version of the file settings.ini in the fodler C:\Windows.old\ and saw that it contains a additionnal parameter OverrideScriptSecurity=1. It was probalby added by a former colleague. I add it in the file settings.ini and restart the services and the application works again.

I hopes it could help.