Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
marksmunich
Creator III
Creator III

Alternate State Set analysis expression in the front end

Hi Qlik's,

I have some set analysis expressions in the front end which uses the alternate states. Is it good idea to move this set expressions to the data model and then store as a dimension and then used the dimension along with the alternate states.

Any inputs.

thanks

M

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
jonathandienst
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

If you need complex set expressions in your front-end, it is usually worthwhile to add flag or indicator fields during load to simplify the expressions. So the answer to your question is that it is probably worthwhile adding some derived fields to simplify your set expressions and or alternate state selections.

Of course you cannot implement the set expressions directly in script, nor can you implement alternate states in the script - these concepts exist only in the front end.

Logic will get you from a to b. Imagination will take you everywhere. - A Einstein

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

I generally do as much in the script as possible to get a good data model.  Thus making the front end as simple as possible.

jonathandienst
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

If you need complex set expressions in your front-end, it is usually worthwhile to add flag or indicator fields during load to simplify the expressions. So the answer to your question is that it is probably worthwhile adding some derived fields to simplify your set expressions and or alternate state selections.

Of course you cannot implement the set expressions directly in script, nor can you implement alternate states in the script - these concepts exist only in the front end.

Logic will get you from a to b. Imagination will take you everywhere. - A Einstein
marksmunich
Creator III
Creator III
Author

I have choosen to go with flags in the scripting part.