Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Analysing exported layout

Hello,

We have built an application and some sheets contain too many objects (>250), which means... 'bad performance'

So we would like to do the appropriate actions (splitting the sheet, using better formula, limiting conditional colors, and so on...)

Therefore, it would be very helpful to analyse the main properties of objects in the application.

The idea would be to export the document layout, and analyse the xml files directly in qlikview : do you know if such an application has already been developed and shared ?

Any help would be appreciated

Pierre

3 Replies
Not applicable
Author

I haven't really played with this feature much, but have you tried using project files?  It exports information about the application to XML files.  One or more of those project files is going show the document and object properites I'm sure.

Gysbert_Wassenaar

Try Rob Wunderlich's Document Analyzer, available here.

talk is cheap, supply exceeds demand
Not applicable
Author

Hello

I thank you for your answer.

The Document Analyzer is is not precise enough for my purpose, but it is a good starting point.

PS : apparently, the script does not stop. If you launch it through the debugger, it is ok (maybe a setting somewhere)

Pierre