Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Application with Section Access and Avoid Reload

Hello, we have an application that has section access, it takes 4 hours to reload, so making a quick change in a chart or expression seems imposible because of the data reduction made when we open the application and apply the change, because we have to wait for 4 hours to reload it.

Is there any way to avoid this?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Not applicable
Author

Hi,

Save as another application so that UI is copied into new app.Use binary load and section access in this new app.This app should not take long to refresh.If you don't want to change the qvw name, rename the data model app and use the actual qvw file name to this new app.

View solution in original post

8 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Changes on the front end don't require reload.  You must reload only if changes are made in the script.

Regards,

Michael

Not applicable
Author

But when I click on the save button, it shows up the window for saving the file (like if it's a new one). If I save it, other users can't enter to the application.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

That's true.  Eventually you'll have to reload to give acess to all users.  If there is a workaround - I can't think of any...

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Here is an idea.

Always keep the latest reloaded version open in QV desktop, if possible.  That is, never close it after reload.  You can make front end changes in this version and save.

Not applicable
Author

Hi,

Save as another application so that UI is copied into new app.Use binary load and section access in this new app.This app should not take long to refresh.If you don't want to change the qvw name, rename the data model app and use the actual qvw file name to this new app.

nayanpatel
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator

You have to reload application only. or you have to use binary reload as already discussed and post by anitha.

Not applicable
Author

Thanks!

Not applicable
Author

Is it possible to get all charts from the qvw used in the binary load?

Thanks