Qlik Community

QlikView Scripting

Discussion Board for collaboration on QlikView Scripting.

Announcements

Breathe easy -- you now have more time to plan your next steps with Qlik!
QlikView 11.2 Extended Support is now valid through December 31, 2020. Click here for more information.

Not applicable

ApplyMap > Date Bridge > Canonial Calendar issue!

Dear ALL*,

I have got a question regarding setting up a 'DateBridge' with the use of Applymap() which enables the Canonical Date Calendar!

I have made a model in which I use 5 different type of Dates, so I created 5 different MasterCalendars.

First step is to create a Datebridge with the use of applymap. But what is it I need to map, I do not quite understand that part?

Could anybody give me any directions what I should be mapping, the scripting part seems straight forward. (Ive read both topics I linked, could someone eloborate on this with the use of this example?)

Much appreciated!

This is my model:

Examplesimple.png

3 Replies
Not applicable

Re: ApplyMap > Date Bridge > Canonial Calendar issue!

Hi,

Please find the below attachments.

Hope it helps you.

Regards,

Pavan.V

Not applicable

Hello Pavan thank you for your help, I will look into this. The first .qvw unfortunately is not personal edition enabled!

Not applicable

I have tried some things now, but there is this issue which seems different then the examples I see.

The example you showed is somewhat like this:

Model+with+spec+calendars.png

Let us say the OrderLines table is my MasterAircraft Table. As you notice, this example has DIRECT relation to the Dates via the OrderID field.

Now let us take a look at my example, it has INDIRECT connection to the dates (MasterCalendar2 3 and 4).

Thanks to your example I now understand the 'basic' example. However the this new problem I sketch is somewhat of a mystery. How can I solve this problem?