Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
lucas4bi
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator

Authorizations on Web

Hi everyone,

I have a customer that wants to prohibit the exportation of charts to the users but allow it to the admins.

So i made him uncheck the box in Document Propreties=> Security=> Allow Exportation

and checking the box "Overwrite Security if administrator".

The document gets the username from the OS (NTNAME) and the NTNAME has got this format: DOMAIN\USERNAME.

Now this works all good opening the document with the local client, but this doesn't work when he opens the file through the web qv access point. I also made sure that the security authorization on the Qlikview Server was setted on NTFS.

Can anyone suggest me anything for this problem?

Thanks a lot!

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Miguel_Angel_Baeyens

Hello,

When you access your document via AccessPoint or any other client, users are always granted USER access, even if it has been set specifically ADMIN under the ACCESS field in section access. That's why, for example, you are not allowed to open the script editor, or reload the document when you open the document on the server, even if it's working opening in QlikView Desktop.

Hope that helps.

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Miguel_Angel_Baeyens

Hello,

When you access your document via AccessPoint or any other client, users are always granted USER access, even if it has been set specifically ADMIN under the ACCESS field in section access. That's why, for example, you are not allowed to open the script editor, or reload the document when you open the document on the server, even if it's working opening in QlikView Desktop.

Hope that helps.

lucas4bi
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator
Author

So there is no way to let some users able to export charts and make some others unable to do that , via web?

Thank you a lot for the answer

Miguel_Angel_Baeyens

Hello,

As far as I know, there's not when it comes to the whole application. You can create button that launches a task (never did it, just guessing) or runs an existing report and allow some users to see that button, so the document may be created in the server, for instance.

Hope that helps.