cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
marco_81
Contributor III
Contributor III

Bad Performance QV11 SR2 via ODBC from iSeries

I have installed QV11 SR2 on our Test Server .

The Dataload via ODBC from our iSeries takes ~ 3 Times longer than with SR1 ...

from 50 Minutes to over 3 Hours !

... does anyone make the same experiences?!

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
ggerber
Contributor II
Contributor II

This is the reply I got from Qlikview.  Havent test it yet

This email contains download links for the installation files for your customer patch which fixes defect  from case 00132430. Bug 53037: Upgrading from v11 SR1 to v11 SR2 slows down reloading, is now therefor considered solved.

Please make sure that all sensitive data is backed up before deploying this patch.   By accepting the patch terms and conditions, the end user agrees to install and provide QlikTech with confirmation by email that the patch fixes the associated defect.

QlikTech support always recommends customers running a customer patch to update to the next service release when available.

Links:

64 bit Server MSP

http://d1cf4w4kkla6tb.cloudfront.net/Customer%20Builds/11.00/11480/_MSI/_MSP/QlikView%20Server%20Pat...

64 bit Desktop MSP

http://d1cf4w4kkla6tb.cloudfront.net/Customer%20Builds/11.00/11480/_MSI/_MSP/QlikView%20Patch%20X64/...

Kind regards,

Erik Gustafsson
QlikView Support

View solution in original post

15 Replies
Not applicable

We have exactly the same experience. Unfortunately we have worse performance, 6 times longer.

We upgraded two days ago from 10 to 11R2.

marco_81
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

... Do you also have Problems with the iseries odbc or do you use a other odbc Connection (MySQL ...)

Not applicable

yes, iseries odbc.

ggerber
Contributor II
Contributor II

I have experience the same issue when upgraded from IR to SR2.

I use System i Access for Windows ODBC data source.

Result was that I revert back to IR

Not applicable

We also have "similar problem", but after diagnostics. the problem on our end is the distribution engine.

We use the standard server license and we limit to the distribution engine to 4 concurrent reloads. After a period of time (# of hours) that we see normal behavior we get into a situation that we see more than 4 qvb.exe processes and pending tasks are stuck.

It looks like the tasks have finished their run, the process is not closed and the distribution engine still counts the task are running, so new tasks cannot be run.

we reverted to qv11 sr1

dirk_konings
Creator III
Creator III

We have the same problem. Has anybody a ticket-id @ support ?

wunderch
Creator
Creator

We have the problem too. 

Is there any answer from qliktech?

marco_81
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Our Service Partner opened a Ticket, but they don't receive an usefull answer from QlikTech... they will confirm the bug but don't have a solution yet.

Maybe all of us have to report the Problem to QlikTech to increase the presure ...

Not applicable

Hi all,

Here is the answer I received from QT:

"It is a conflict between the new features and how QlikView works against this database. It will be fixed Q1 next year, but we can not establish an absolute date. The bug has top priority. We highly recommend users to use the previous version.”