Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Bar chart expression name on bar

Hi

Is it possible to have the expression name inside the bar, see example, we already have the value of the expression on top top of the chart That is instead of having expressions as legends. Hope I am making sense

Andre

7 Replies
MK_QSL
MVP
MVP

Looks like it is 2 dimension chart... Can you provide expression and dimension you have used in this chart?

Not applicable
Author

There is no dimension. Just three expressions

Expressions are basically something like this

Budget Expression is

sum({$<MonthName=,AccountType = {P},MonthNum = {1},BudgetTypeGroup = {'Expenditure'}>}BudgetDistributionCalculation + BudgetMovementMonthly)

)

Actual Expression is

sum({$<MonthName=,AccountType = {P},MonthNum = {1},BudgetTypeGroup = {Expenditure}>}Actual)

)

Actual Incl Comm expression looks like this

sum({$<MonthName=,AccountType = {P},MonthNum = {1},BudgetTypeGroup = {Expenditure}>}Actual + Commitments)

)

settu_periasamy
Master III
Master III

May be try to use Dual Function..

for e.g Budget Expression

=Dual('Budget',sum({$<MonthName=,AccountType = {P},MonthNum = {1},

BudgetTypeGroup = {'Expenditure'}>}BudgetDistributionCalculation + BudgetMovementMonthly))

Then, in the Presentation tab -> Plot values inside Segments..

tresesco
MVP
MVP

Like this? (using, dual())..

Untitled.png

Not applicable
Author

It's not the Actual Values that I want inside the chart, it is the Label of the Expression only, I really like the ideas , great for another time, this one is just a space saver, Just bit of an ideal to have the value and the Label as two different entities if I can call it that. So instead of having Sum(Data) as a legend, have it alone inside the bar and then the value as values on Data points..

Am I making sense, not critical but a nice to have at this point in time

idogridish2
Creator II
Creator II

hi andret1802 if this is what you want :cap.PNG

then you can do this by using the presentation tab and add a text in chart:cap1.PNG

cap3.PNG

best regards.

MarcoWedel

Hi,

one solution could be also (using tresesco's example):

QlikCommunity_Thread_203987_Pic6.JPG

QlikCommunity_Thread_203987_Pic3.JPG

QlikCommunity_Thread_203987_Pic1.JPG

QlikCommunity_Thread_203987_Pic2.JPG

QlikCommunity_Thread_203987_Pic4.JPG

hope this helps

regards