Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
rrodriguesrr82
Contributor III
Contributor III

Bar chart with Quartile as dimension

Hi experts,

I have the following scenario in Qlik Sense:

• Customers who takes a certain period of time (in days) to receive Products.

I want to:

• Create a bar chart that uses quartile as dimension, and see the number of customers I have in each of the 4 quartiles.

I could do something by using valuelist, but valuelist does not respond to selecions. I need a responsive bar chart per quartile.

Is that possible to do?

Thank you in advance.

Rubens

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
sunny_talwar

Ignore selections within Fractile

Aggr(

If(Access_Time <= Fractile({<Customer_Code>}TOTAL Access_Time, 0.25), 'Quartile 1',

If(Access_Time <= Fractile({<Customer_Code>}TOTAL Access_Time, 0.50), 'Quartile 2',

If(Access_Time <= Fractile({<Customer_Code>}TOTAL Access_Time, 0.75), 'Quartile 3', 'Quartile 4'))), Customer_Code)

or this

Aggr(

If(Access_Time <= Fractile({<1>}TOTAL Access_Time, 0.25), 'Quartile 1',

If(Access_Time <= Fractile({<1>}TOTAL Access_Time, 0.50), 'Quartile 2',

If(Access_Time <= Fractile({<1>}TOTAL Access_Time, 0.75), 'Quartile 3', 'Quartile 4'))), Customer_Code)

View solution in original post

10 Replies
sunny_talwar

What is the expression you use to calculate quartile? May be like this

Dimension

Aggr(YourExpression, Customers)

Expression

Count(DISTINCT Customers)

rrodriguesrr82
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

My expression is: E.g. 1st Quartile:

Count({< Access_Time = {"<=$(=Fractile(Access_Time , 0.25))"}>}  Customer_Code)

I have two situation:

1. Having a bar chart showing the Access time in the Y axis and the Quartiles in the X axis. When click on, e.g, quartile 1, it will respond to selection and group the customers that belong to this quartile. and so forth...
  2. Having a bar chart showing the Quantity of customers in the Y axis and the Quartiles in the X axis. When click on, e.g, quartile 1, it will respond to selection and group the customers that belong to this quartile. and so forth...

Is that possible to do?

Tks

sunny_talwar

I am not sure I follow... would you be able to share a sample?

rrodriguesrr82
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Sure. I'll try to add here.

rrodriguesrr82
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

For example: Below I have the boxplot with my data:

boxplot example.png

• The dots represent the Access Time;
  • I want a responsive bar chart that represents the above boxplot. For example:
    • The first quartile has the number 48. It means customers who take until 48 days to receive the Product. I expect the following in the bar chart: When I Click on Quartile 1, the selection will give me only the customers that belong to this quartile... and so forth with the other quartiles.

My problem is I don't know if it's possible to have a calculated dimension that can represents the quartiles.

Tks.

sunny_talwar

You def. need a calculated dimension here.... not 100% sure, but try this

Dimension:

Aggr(

If(Access_Time <= Fractile(TOTAL Access_Time, 0.25), 'Quartile 1',

If(Access_Time <= Fractile(TOTAL Access_Time, 0.50), 'Quartile 2',

If(Access_Time <= Fractile(TOTAL Access_Time, 0.75), 'Quartile 3', 'Quartile 4'))), Customer_Code)

Expression

Count(DISTINCT Customer_Code)

rrodriguesrr82
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Hi Sunny,

Your code really worked. I Only changed the Expression field. In instead of using Customer_Code, I'm using Max(Access_Time), and now I can have a boxplot quartile representation as follows:

BarChart.png

However, When I click on any of those quartiles, the bar chart will recalculate new quartiles for the resulting set. For instance: If i click on quartile 1, the barchart will recalculate the result set and mount the 4 quartiles for it:

BarChart.png

My question is:

• Is that possible to keep it static? I mean if I select quartile 1, it only show the quartile 1 bar and not recalculate the result set?

I do appreciate your help with this!

Rubens

sunny_talwar

Ignore selections within Fractile

Aggr(

If(Access_Time <= Fractile({<Customer_Code>}TOTAL Access_Time, 0.25), 'Quartile 1',

If(Access_Time <= Fractile({<Customer_Code>}TOTAL Access_Time, 0.50), 'Quartile 2',

If(Access_Time <= Fractile({<Customer_Code>}TOTAL Access_Time, 0.75), 'Quartile 3', 'Quartile 4'))), Customer_Code)

or this

Aggr(

If(Access_Time <= Fractile({<1>}TOTAL Access_Time, 0.25), 'Quartile 1',

If(Access_Time <= Fractile({<1>}TOTAL Access_Time, 0.50), 'Quartile 2',

If(Access_Time <= Fractile({<1>}TOTAL Access_Time, 0.75), 'Quartile 3', 'Quartile 4'))), Customer_Code)

rrodriguesrr82
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Thank you Sunny! The first option worked as expected!!!

Just a curiosity, what does the formula parts below do?

Fractile({<Customer_Code>}TOTAL Access_Time, 0.25),

Tks again!