Qlik Community

QlikView Scripting

Discussion Board for collaboration on QlikView Scripting.

Announcements
QlikView Fans! We’d love to hear from you.
Share your QlikView feedback with the product team… Click here to participate in our 5-minute survey.
Rules, plus terms and conditions, can be found here.
rrodriguesrr82
New Contributor

Bar chart with Quartile as dimension

Hi experts,

I have the following scenario in Qlik Sense:

• Customers who takes a certain period of time (in days) to receive Products.

I want to:

• Create a bar chart that uses quartile as dimension, and see the number of customers I have in each of the 4 quartiles.

I could do something by using valuelist, but valuelist does not respond to selecions. I need a responsive bar chart per quartile.

Is that possible to do?

Thank you in advance.

Rubens

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

Re: Bar chart with Quartile as dimension

Ignore selections within Fractile

Aggr(

If(Access_Time <= Fractile({<Customer_Code>}TOTAL Access_Time, 0.25), 'Quartile 1',

If(Access_Time <= Fractile({<Customer_Code>}TOTAL Access_Time, 0.50), 'Quartile 2',

If(Access_Time <= Fractile({<Customer_Code>}TOTAL Access_Time, 0.75), 'Quartile 3', 'Quartile 4'))), Customer_Code)

or this

Aggr(

If(Access_Time <= Fractile({<1>}TOTAL Access_Time, 0.25), 'Quartile 1',

If(Access_Time <= Fractile({<1>}TOTAL Access_Time, 0.50), 'Quartile 2',

If(Access_Time <= Fractile({<1>}TOTAL Access_Time, 0.75), 'Quartile 3', 'Quartile 4'))), Customer_Code)

10 Replies

What is the expression you use to calculate quartile? May be like this

Dimension

Aggr(YourExpression, Customers)

Expression

Count(DISTINCT Customers)

rrodriguesrr82
New Contributor

My expression is: E.g. 1st Quartile:

Count({< Access_Time = {"<=$(=Fractile(Access_Time , 0.25))"}>}  Customer_Code)

I have two situation:

1. Having a bar chart showing the Access time in the Y axis and the Quartiles in the X axis. When click on, e.g, quartile 1, it will respond to selection and group the customers that belong to this quartile. and so forth...
  2. Having a bar chart showing the Quantity of customers in the Y axis and the Quartiles in the X axis. When click on, e.g, quartile 1, it will respond to selection and group the customers that belong to this quartile. and so forth...

Is that possible to do?

Tks

I am not sure I follow... would you be able to share a sample?

rrodriguesrr82
New Contributor

Sure. I'll try to add here.

rrodriguesrr82
New Contributor

For example: Below I have the boxplot with my data:

boxplot example.png

• The dots represent the Access Time;
  • I want a responsive bar chart that represents the above boxplot. For example:
    • The first quartile has the number 48. It means customers who take until 48 days to receive the Product. I expect the following in the bar chart: When I Click on Quartile 1, the selection will give me only the customers that belong to this quartile... and so forth with the other quartiles.

My problem is I don't know if it's possible to have a calculated dimension that can represents the quartiles.

Tks.

You def. need a calculated dimension here.... not 100% sure, but try this

Dimension:

Aggr(

If(Access_Time <= Fractile(TOTAL Access_Time, 0.25), 'Quartile 1',

If(Access_Time <= Fractile(TOTAL Access_Time, 0.50), 'Quartile 2',

If(Access_Time <= Fractile(TOTAL Access_Time, 0.75), 'Quartile 3', 'Quartile 4'))), Customer_Code)

Expression

Count(DISTINCT Customer_Code)

rrodriguesrr82
New Contributor

Hi Sunny,

Your code really worked. I Only changed the Expression field. In instead of using Customer_Code, I'm using Max(Access_Time), and now I can have a boxplot quartile representation as follows:

BarChart.png

However, When I click on any of those quartiles, the bar chart will recalculate new quartiles for the resulting set. For instance: If i click on quartile 1, the barchart will recalculate the result set and mount the 4 quartiles for it:

BarChart.png

My question is:

• Is that possible to keep it static? I mean if I select quartile 1, it only show the quartile 1 bar and not recalculate the result set?

I do appreciate your help with this!

Rubens

Ignore selections within Fractile

Aggr(

If(Access_Time <= Fractile({<Customer_Code>}TOTAL Access_Time, 0.25), 'Quartile 1',

If(Access_Time <= Fractile({<Customer_Code>}TOTAL Access_Time, 0.50), 'Quartile 2',

If(Access_Time <= Fractile({<Customer_Code>}TOTAL Access_Time, 0.75), 'Quartile 3', 'Quartile 4'))), Customer_Code)

or this

Aggr(

If(Access_Time <= Fractile({<1>}TOTAL Access_Time, 0.25), 'Quartile 1',

If(Access_Time <= Fractile({<1>}TOTAL Access_Time, 0.50), 'Quartile 2',

If(Access_Time <= Fractile({<1>}TOTAL Access_Time, 0.75), 'Quartile 3', 'Quartile 4'))), Customer_Code)

rrodriguesrr82
New Contributor

Thank you Sunny! The first option worked as expected!!!

Just a curiosity, what does the formula parts below do?

Fractile({<Customer_Code>}TOTAL Access_Time, 0.25),

Tks again!

Community Browser