Qlik Community

QlikView Scripting

Discussion Board for collaboration on QlikView Scripting.

Announcements
QlikView Fans! We’d love to hear from you.
Share your QlikView feedback with the product team… Click here to participate in our 5-minute survey.
Rules, plus terms and conditions, can be found here.
Not applicable

Billing Date Question

I have the following Statement

Load

AcctNumber

AcctName

FiscalYearStartDate

BillStartDate

from

acct.qvd

Now I have 3 clients

Each one of them has a Different FiscalYearStartDate.  Lets use there examples

Client A - FiscalYearStartDate 7/1/2013

Client B - FiscalYearStartDate 8/1/2013

Client C - FiscalYearStartDate 9/1/2013

Now the clients enter bills with a BillStartDate each month.  Now lets use BillStartDate = 1/1/2014.

For Client A BillStartDate 1/1/2014 would be month 7 in a 12 month cycle because their FiscalYearStartDate was 7/1/2013.

For Client B BillStartDate 1/1/2014 would be month 6 in a 12 month cycle because their FiscalYearStartDate was 8/1/2013.

For Client C BillStartDate 1/1/2014 would be month 5 in a 12 month cycle because their FiscalYearStartDate was 9/1/2013.

So what I want to accomplish is to normalize the BillStartDate based on the FiscalYearStartDate.  Is this something that I can use Qlikview to accomplish?

David

1 Reply
Not applicable

Re: Billing Date Question

Hi David,

Perhaps you can use a flag in the fact table and the same flag in your calendar table. I guess that you are using two tables, bills table and calendar table and the relation is by the date field. If you can identify all possibles fiscal years and create a calendar for each fiscal year with a flag, and the bills table includes the flag too, then you can relation the tables by Date-Flag field.

Can you try it?

Tell me if you have any question.

Regards

Community Browser