Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Clever_Anjos
Employee
Employee

Binary Load x Mapping Table

I would like to have a mapping table coming from a datamart qvw loaded through binary load.

Unfortunately, a table created like below is not loaded when the binary is executed

Prefixos:

mapping load * ;

sql SELECT DISTINCT

PREFIXO,

isnull(b.OPERADORA_TRATADA,PRESTADORA) as PRESTADORA

FROM TB_PREFIXOS a

left join TB_OPERADORAS b on a.PRESTADORA = b.OPERADORA;

I´m using a workaround like this that is not so optimized as I would like

Datamart.qvw

Prefixos:

sql SELECT DISTINCT

PREFIXO,

FROM TB_PREFIXOS a

left join TB_OPERADORAS b on a.PRESTADORA = b.OPERADORA;

Dashboard.qvw

Binary [Datamart.qvw];

MapaPrefixos:

Mapping LOAD * Resident Prefixos;

Drop Table Prefixos;

Any ideas how could I improve it?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
sunny_talwar

I think the problem here is that the mapping table won't exist after the Datamart.qvw runs through and if it doesn't exits, you would not be able to do a applymap on it. I think what you have is one of the option, the other being bringing the mapping load table directly in your new qvw after saving it into a qvd.

Prefixos:

mapping

LOAD DISTINCT

PREFIXO,

FROM TB_PREFIXOS.qvd (qvd);

View solution in original post

4 Replies
sunny_talwar

I think the problem here is that the mapping table won't exist after the Datamart.qvw runs through and if it doesn't exits, you would not be able to do a applymap on it. I think what you have is one of the option, the other being bringing the mapping load table directly in your new qvw after saving it into a qvd.

Prefixos:

mapping

LOAD DISTINCT

PREFIXO,

FROM TB_PREFIXOS.qvd (qvd);

Peter_Cammaert
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

Sunny is right. The lifetime of a Mapping table extends to the end of the current script run. Not a second longer.. Mapping tables do not survive the current cycle as they aren't really meant to be more than temporary but extremeley fast translation tables. Ad hoc solutions ("hacks") so to say. A mapping table is also - and by design - never a part of a data mart.

If you need a mapping table in different places, recreate it in those places. It makes no use to load it in one run and use it only in the next run. Although you may have sensible use cases.

MarcoWedel

Hi Clever,

maybe using some loop to identify tables with names like 'Mapa*' and mapping loading them resident, droping the source table afterwards.

You just would need to purge the mapping prefix in your Datamart.qvw and could include such a code snippet as some sort of standard transformation in your target qvws.

hope this helps

regards

Marco

Clever_Anjos
Employee
Employee
Author

Thank you all.

As I was thinking a mapping table does not survive the end of script;

I was hoping there´s a "hack", but it seems there´s not

Going to test what is faster:

• Resident load of a table from datamart
  • Loading a qvd (unfortunately a mapping load seems to discard a optimized load too )