Skip to main content
Announcements
Live today at 11 AM ET. Get your questions about Qlik Connect answered, or just listen in. SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
marcel_olmo
Partner Ambassador
Partner Ambassador

Binary load question

Hi guys, I've a question I want to expose with the community :

- I have a Qlikview document called "document1.qvw" with a section access created via an inline table which I know the users and passwords.

-I have another Qlikview document called "document2.qvw".

If I try to do a binary load of the "document1.qvw" into "document2.qvw" it says it cannot do that. But if I already know the security users of the first document is there any way to do it?

Many thanks in advance.

Regards, Marcel.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Miguel_Angel_Baeyens

Marcel,

Using NTNAME in section access would help, but note that "*" does not mean all possible values in the field, but only those listed in the section access table field.

So make sure that the NTNAME user has associated values.

Hope that helps.

Miguel

View solution in original post

6 Replies
Miguel_Angel_Baeyens

Hi Marcel,

So you are binary loading document1.qvw in the script of document2.qvw, and the former has section access based on USERID or NTNAME? Are you able to open the document? Which exact error does it throw?

Regards

Miguel

Not applicable

Hi Marcel,

have a look at document properties -> Opening -> Prohibit Binary Load!

Best

Sacho

marcel_olmo
Partner Ambassador
Partner Ambassador
Author

Hi MIguel, thanks for your quick answer.

Sacho was right. I had checked "prohibit binary load". My problem was solved.

But you know, I solved one problem, and just realized I have another problem. I need to reload via .bat file the second document. I'd like to add via parameters user and password in the .bat file.

I'm afraid that is impossible. Am I right?

As I understood in the following post :

http://community.qlik.com/thread/31089

If I add "NTNAME" on the first document with values "*", and I add the same on the second document it will not ask me my user and password via pop-up?

Regards, Marcel.

marcel_olmo
Partner Ambassador
Partner Ambassador
Author

Hi Sacho you were right. I had checked "prohibit binary load". My problem was solved.

But you know, I solved one problem, and just realized I have another problem. I need to reload via .bat file the second document. I'd like to add via parameters user and password in the .bat file.

I'm afraid that is impossible. Am I right?

As I understood in the following post :

http://community.qlik.com/thread/31089

If I add "NTNAME" on the first document with values "*", and I add the same on the second document it will not ask me my user and password via pop-up?

Regards, Marcel.

Miguel_Angel_Baeyens

Marcel,

Using NTNAME in section access would help, but note that "*" does not mean all possible values in the field, but only those listed in the section access table field.

So make sure that the NTNAME user has associated values.

Hope that helps.

Miguel

marcel_olmo
Partner Ambassador
Partner Ambassador
Author

Thanks Miguel That was it!!!

ACCESS,     USERID,     PASSWORD,     NTNAME        
Admin,      *,          *,            MYDOMAIN\MYNAME 
Admin,       fakeUser,   fakePassword, *

That works like a charm!!