Qlik Community

QlikView Scripting

Discussion Board for collaboration on QlikView Scripting.

Announcements

Breathe easy -- you now have more time to plan your next steps with Qlik!
QlikView 11.2 Extended Support is now valid through December 31, 2020. Click here for more information.

datanibbler
Esteemed Contributor

Book by packtpub on QlikView scripting

Hi,

I am always looking at possibilities to enhance my capabilities with Qlikview. I regularly browse the books they have at packtpub, and I have fixed my look a bit on the book "QlikView  scripting".

<=> However, I already have the "QlikView 11 for Developers" that's also available there for about four times the price

==> In the sample_chapter I could look into there, I did not see anything that the former book would not tell me about.

=> Can anyone here draw a comparison between the two books and thus tell me whether it's worthwhile to purchase that - OR

=> tell me a better alternative to specifically learn about scripting in QlikView?

Thanks a lot!

Best regards,

DataNibbler

9 Replies
MVP
MVP

Re: Book by packtpub on QlikView scripting

There are many books available for Learning QlikView.

1) Hello QlikView - Useful if you are very beginning learner

2) QlikView 11 for Developers - Must have this book if you have basic knowledge and wants to improve yourself with practical example

3) QlikView Scripting - If you want to enhance your QlikView Script Knowledge

4) QlikView Server and Publisher - As name stated

5) Practical QlikView - Basic Knowledge

6) QlikView for Developers Cookbook - Must have book for some good technique on Scripting and UI side

datanibbler
Esteemed Contributor

Hi Manish,

thanks for that.
<=> If I have already read and internalized the "QlikView 11 for Developers", is "QlikView scripting" going to tell me anything new?

Best regards,

DataNibbler

MVP & Luminary
MVP & Luminary

If you have Qlikview 11 for Developers I wouldn't buy Qlikview Scripting. There's little new in the latter that isn't covered as well or better in the former. But the Qlikview for Developers Cookbook I can recommend. And Learning QlikView Data Visualization is also a good book.

talk is cheap, supply exceeds demand
datanibbler
Esteemed Contributor

Thanks!

That's what I was looking for.

The one on Data Visualization is not an option because - afaIk, it might be different going forward, we have a new top_boss - we are bound in terms of visualization and layout by so many standards that we've pretty much maxed out our possibilities. I will, however, talk to my direct boss about that Cookbook.

Thanks a lot!

Best regards,

DataNibbler

MVP
MVP

As Gysbert suggested is true, but I purchased when there was 75% discount in last year Christmas...

NavinReddy
Contributor II

Hi Manish,

I am learning Qlikview Server Which is best book and tutorials

Please guide me

Thanks In Advance

Niranjan

MVP
MVP

I don't have much Knowledge on server side but you can start a new thread and may be get reply from other members

Not applicable

Can any one let me know from where we can order these books from on line..any link???

MVP
MVP

There is a Book by Packt Publisher...

QlikView Server and Publisher....

But without practical experience on Server or Publisher it's incomplete....

Community Browser