Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Bookmark on Open

I have created a bookmark for the  values that I want to set on open of a qlikview document.   If I set that to apply the bookmark on open it only sets one property from the bookmark not both or it does not apply the bookmark at all.  I'm trying to set a current month and current year.  I'm using these formulas to set the current month and year. 

=Year=year(today(1))

=Month=month(today(1))

If I attach that bookmark to a button and use it on the sheet it sets the properties just fine. If I open the document and see that it doesn't apply the bookmark and then hit the button I created to apply the bookmark again it works fine.   I'm not sure what i'm doing wrong here. I'm setting the Document Properties>TRiggers>OnOpen Setting.  I'm using version 10.00.8837.6 sr1

My goal is to make sure on the server version when they open it shows current. 

Much thanks to anyone that can help. 

pat

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
IAMDV
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

Sorry, forgot to attach the document.

Thanks - DV

View solution in original post

4 Replies
IAMDV
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

Hi Pat,

I had created the sample document with apply bookmark trigger on "OnOpen" event and this works fine. I am assuming that you are using bookmark id instead of name. However, please can you post the sample QV document to check the issue?

Thanks - DV

IAMDV
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

Sorry, forgot to attach the document.

Thanks - DV

Not applicable
Author

DV

Your subtle comment had great ramifications for me. The bookmark-on-open didn’t work for me since I was using the bookmark name instead of the bookmark id. It now works fine with the bookmark id.

Ur the man!!!!!!!!!!

IAMDV
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

I am glad to know that I was helpful. Do let me know if you need more help.

Cheers - DV