Qlik Community

QlikView Scripting

Discussion Board for collaboration on QlikView Scripting.

Announcements

Breathe easy -- you now have more time to plan your next steps with Qlik!
QlikView 11.2 Extended Support is now valid through December 31, 2020. Click here for more information.

anavin33
Not applicable

Bring in Production Date from QVD

I have created an extract that grabs 3 tables from SQL and concatentates them into a QVD. This extract runs everyday and generates a QVD for that date, so the qvds will begin to accumulate.

In the Document I bring in all the QVD files. The QVDs are successfully created everyday and there is data in the document, but i want to be able to back-date using the production date that is in the tables. The list of dates are available, but when i select one, all my data disappears, and then when no date is selected, the data is there.

I am not sure if the problem is because the 3 tables I am bringing from SQL server...... 1 table is static data on a hard date that will never be changed that is called 'Initial', so this table does not have a production date attached to it.

The other two tables just take the max production date available so that is how a new QVD is created for every production date as time goes on.

Is the issue because not all the data points have a production date tied to them? If so, is there a suggestion on how I can have static data and dynamic data mesh together under one production date?