Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Buffer(Incremental) Load Issue

Hi, I am new to Qlikview and am trying to make a incremental load from a csv file. But every time I reload, the last entry from the file is missing. If I load normally, everything works fine. Anyone has encountered the same problem? I assume I got some basic concept wrong but I just couldn't find an answer in this forum. Any help will be appreciated

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Not applicable
Author

Hi Trey,

Thank you for your pointer. I finally found out the problem. Qlikview seems to count the number of entries by carriage returns. Previously in my country.csv there was two lines but only one carriage return. After appending one extra carriage return at the end of my csv file, I am able to solve the problem.

Regards,

Xue Bin

View solution in original post

6 Replies
d_pranskus
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III

Hi

Would you include the actual CSV file and your script?

Cheers

Darius

Not applicable
Author

Hi Darius,

I have attached my csv file here. It's just a simple file with 2 lines.  My script is as follows:

Buffer(incremental)LOAD

@1 as Country,

@2 as State

FROM

country.csv

(txt, codepage is 936, no labels, delimiter is ',', msq);

Regards,

Xue Bin

trey_bayne
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator

Incremental load is looking at file size. That file size is stored in the xml header of the qvd. Looking at the .csv file you've sent, Windows doesn't recognize a difference in size when you add one line of data with two columns. QVD's might store more granular data. You can check the size of the QVD using the FileSize('path_to_filename') function.

Something else I noticed, you have a comma and then a space in you second line in your .csv. It seems that your second column isn't being recognized as a column. Try taking out the space in front of KL and try again.

Not applicable
Author

Hi Trey,

Thank you for your pointer. I finally found out the problem. Qlikview seems to count the number of entries by carriage returns. Previously in my country.csv there was two lines but only one carriage return. After appending one extra carriage return at the end of my csv file, I am able to solve the problem.

Regards,

Xue Bin

Not applicable
Author

Hi, I know its been a while, but I´m trying to solve a similar problem.

Did you manage to solve your issue about the incremental  .csv  load?

Do you need to use a   .qvd  file?

Thanks in advance

Santi

AjithramT
Contributor II
Contributor II

Hi,

I need clarity on this post.

ex:

Id,Product
1,A1
2,A2
3,A3
4,A4
5,A5

My script is, 

Buffer(Incremental) Load * From Products.txt;

While I write the above script, it only loads the first 4 records only. Do you mean, we need to add an extra record to solve this.

If anyone can give clarity on this, will be helpful to me.

Thanks,

Ajith