Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
paulyeo11
Master
Master

Button with password for access some hidden screen

Hi All, 

My Goal : To hidden some sensitive screen only for GM to view.

My approach : I create a button when I click it will turn on certain screen. I make the button transparent so not easy for user to see it.

May I know if user accidently press on the button, can I add a one more control, that Password entry.

Hope some one can share with me.

Paul

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
rubenmarin

Hi, you need to set initial data reduction on open and the expression can be something like:

=Match(QVUser(),'PAUL','USER2') OR vSheetVisible_=1

It will be better if the Qv User is also related with reduction field so you only need:

vSheetVisible_=1

Or maybe: Max(vSheetVisible_)=1, so it can work after a reload, when reduction is not yet applied.

Remember to have a backup of the document before changing section access to prevent be locked

View solution in original post

5 Replies
rubenmarin

Hi, I think it will be better to apply section access with data reduction so users with access load a '1' in a field, and other users load '0'. Then you only need to set this field as show condition of the sheet and the button.

Also you can use OMIT to prevent access to sensitive data.

paulyeo11
Master
Master
Author

Hi Sir

Thank you for your sharing.I assume you refer to below :-

(1)Load script expression  ( This i use for all staff and manager ).

SET vSheetVisible = 1;

I create a page which i want to hiden by set page condition below :-
vSheetVisible=2

(2) Section access script , This is for me i set vSheetVision = 2  , all other user i set at 99. 

SECTION ACCESS;
LOAD * INLINE [
ACCESS, NTNAME, SOURCE , SBU ,vSheetVisible
USER, DESKTOP-9837GT0\pauly,PW,*,2
];

SECTION APPLICATION;

LOAD * INLINE [
SOURCE, description, SBU ,vSheetVisible
SE, MOTION, ROY,1
PW, IPC, JOHN,1
PW, IPC, DAVID,1

];

(3) This step i am blur

Button Set condition when trigger :-
Variable :- vSheetVisible
Value :-=If(vSheetVisible =491, 0,2)

Hope you can advise mee.

Paul Yeo

rubenmarin

Hi Paul, you don't really need a variable, the field value is all you need, I usually assign 0 to users that doesn't have access and 1 to users with access.

And the sheet show condition can be Max(vSheetVisible).

About the button I meaning that it can also have a conditional show (in layout tab of the button) so user without access also can't see the button. The condition will be the same as for the sheet.

Aditional security can be set using OMIT, so if in example you have a field margin or salary wich you only want some users to access it you can set it on section access to prevent access to that data. This is almost a need if users can create or edit objects.

paulyeo11
Master
Master
Author

HI Sir

=Match(QVUser(),'PAUL','USER2') OR MixMatch(OSUser(),'DESKTOP-9837GT0\pauly','domain\user2')

I have try using above expression , paste at button show conditional. it work fine.

May i know how can i using below script for hide button ?

SECTION ACCESS;
LOAD * INLINE [
ACCESS, NTNAME, SOURCE , SBU ,vSheetVisible_
USER, DESKTOP-9837GT0\pauly,PW,*,1
];

Paul

rubenmarin

Hi, you need to set initial data reduction on open and the expression can be something like:

=Match(QVUser(),'PAUL','USER2') OR vSheetVisible_=1

It will be better if the Qv User is also related with reduction field so you only need:

vSheetVisible_=1

Or maybe: Max(vSheetVisible_)=1, so it can work after a reload, when reduction is not yet applied.

Remember to have a backup of the document before changing section access to prevent be locked