Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Calculating average of two percentages.

Hi there,

Is there an easy way to determine the average of two percentage values? In the example below I want to determine the average of pie chart 1 and 2. Ive set the pie chart on option 'relative' so that it shows the percentages of the actual values. (the pie charts below it)

But now I want to determine the average of those percentages.  (% + %  ) /2 = average%

But this cannot be done because the actual values qlikview calculates with are the real values in the graphs below it. Therefor giving faulty percentages. How can I do this>?

why.png

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
jonathandienst
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

'Relative' does the following calculation:

Count({<operator={'T'}>}  object) / Count({<operator={'T'}>} TOTAL object)

Your average will probably be:

=( Count({<operator={'T'}>}  object) / Count({<operator={'T'}>} TOTAL object) +

Count({<operator={'O'}>}  object) / Count({<operator={'O'}>} TOTAL object) ) / 2

Logic will get you from a to b. Imagination will take you everywhere. - A Einstein

View solution in original post

6 Replies
Kushal_Chawda

what is the expression for %?

jonathandienst
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

You will have to calculate the average in full for the 3rd pie chart - it is not possible to get the calculation results from the other charts.

BTW - I think a pie chart is always relative - all that selecting relative would change is how the numbers are displayed in the legend and in the chart itself (if that option is enabled).

Logic will get you from a to b. Imagination will take you everywhere. - A Einstein
Not applicable
Author

expresion:        Count({<operator={'O'}>}  object)

dimension:       Number

So it counts the amount of objects to the Number dimension.

For the second pie chart

expresion:        Count({<operator={'T'}>}  object)

dimension:       Number

Now in my third pie chart I want the average of the two percentages of the O and T operator.

Now I did: (which is totally wrong)

expresion           count( {<operator={'O','T'}>} object)

dimesnion:          Number

The relative checkbox, makes the actual values change to percentages. But I cannot reuse those percentage as Jonathan says. I was wondering if there was an option for that. Seems I have to calculate the number by hand then.

Kushal_Chawda

Can you post some sample data with expected output?

jonathandienst
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

'Relative' does the following calculation:

Count({<operator={'T'}>}  object) / Count({<operator={'T'}>} TOTAL object)

Your average will probably be:

=( Count({<operator={'T'}>}  object) / Count({<operator={'T'}>} TOTAL object) +

Count({<operator={'O'}>}  object) / Count({<operator={'O'}>} TOTAL object) ) / 2

Not applicable
Author

Yes this is indeed correct.

Makes sense now thank you.