Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
paulyeo11
Master
Master

Can I put the OSUSER() at CSV file when implement access control ?

Hi All , 

I like to know for section access control script , it is possible to save in CSV file ? So that the IT Staff who maintain the Qlik QVW don’t need to touch the script. Just need to update the excel file.

i notice most of the people put the section access script at load script.

Paul

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Miguel_Angel_Baeyens

Yes, section access table, in terms of loading, it's yet another table. INLINE, FROM, SQL SELECT will work.

You could use an Include variable or a FROM File.csv (txt). But bear in mind that, if for any reason the file is not there, or it is corrupt, or otherwise non-functional, the application will get you locked out and nobody will be able to open it.

That's why I would approach adding some INLINE within the script for ADMIN access (e.g.: developers, QlikView service account), somewhere in the script, then add this CSV file with the non-admin users so if the file is broken, at least the application will still be able to be open.

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Miguel_Angel_Baeyens

Yes, section access table, in terms of loading, it's yet another table. INLINE, FROM, SQL SELECT will work.

You could use an Include variable or a FROM File.csv (txt). But bear in mind that, if for any reason the file is not there, or it is corrupt, or otherwise non-functional, the application will get you locked out and nobody will be able to open it.

That's why I would approach adding some INLINE within the script for ADMIN access (e.g.: developers, QlikView service account), somewhere in the script, then add this CSV file with the non-admin users so if the file is broken, at least the application will still be able to be open.

paulyeo11
Master
Master
Author

Hi Sir

Thank you very much.

I will try it out.

Paul