Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Can I select the range of dates using the calender object

Hi All,

I want to use one calender object to select the from date and the other calender object to select the to date. For example, as shown below if select 01/01/07 in "Date From" and 31/07/07 in the "Date To" then it should the date range from 01/01/07 to 31/07/07.

Some one please let me know how it can be done.

error loading image

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Not applicable
Author

Sure. Something like this.

View solution in original post

15 Replies
johnw
Champion III
Champion III

I believe those would need to be separate fields, and then you'd kick off actions or a macro to select that range of data in the real date field. I tried that recently with actions, and for some reason didn't get it to work. Probably just my lack of familiarity with actions (we're in the middle of upgrading from 8.5 to 9.0).

It's not exactly what you're asking for, but I've achieved the same result with a multi-value slider bar for the date.

Not applicable
Author

Sure. Something like this.

johnw
Champion III
Champion III

Thanks, Nick. Saved for reference so I don't have to keep saying "should be easy, but I couldn't make it work" when people ask this question. 🙂

Not applicable
Author

Sure. Your are always welcome.

Not applicable
Author

Hi Nick,

Thanks a ton for your help. That was a great work!

It is working fine in yours but the same thing is not working in mine. I am not sure where the mistake is but I think it must some silly mistake only. Can you please check with attached document which I worked with.

Not applicable
Author

Check all Triggers from the Document Settings in my example

Not applicable
Author

Hi Nick,

I have added the same triggers now but still there are some problem with that. The value which I am selecting in the form and to calender is getting affected only in the slider and there is no change in the other object. Whereas if I select something in the slider, from and to calender is not getting affected but other object are getting affected.

Have attached the same application which I am working around. Requesting you to check it out when it is not working as expected.

Not applicable
Author

Can you send the QVW file where you try to implement it?

Not applicable
Author

Hi Nick,

Now it seems to be working don't know where the mistake was before.

But one thing doesn't seems to be working in my end was when I press the clear button it is not clearing off the dates(values) in both the calender object. Not able to make it out where the issue is.

Could you please check it out. I have attached the document for you which I am working on.