Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Can QlikView directly read data from Oracle Stored Procedure?

Hi,

I have one requirement where QlikView fetches data from Oracle Stored Procedure.

Can Someone please advise whether QlikView has the capability to do this. If Yes, then the mechanism to be implemented in QlikView.

Thanks in Advance.

Regards,

Laxmaiah Chowdary

6 Replies
Anil_Babu_Samineni

Laxmaiah,

Yes, It is possible.

Try This

Load * ;

Sql

Declare @out int

Declare @out1 int

Exec LMS.dbo.Sp_TestQlikview 1,7,@out Output,@out1 Output

Select @out as Output, @out1 as Output1;

Best Anil, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful
Not applicable
Author

Thank you Anil.

I have tried the above method.

It is working for Sql server database.But the similar way is not working for Oracle Stored Procedures.

Thanks,

Laxmaiah Chowdary

Anil_Babu_Samineni

Laxmaiah,

I use this for oracle

SQL CALL LMS.dbo.Sp_TestQlikview('$(out)', '$(out1)');

out and out1 are the variables that i declare on the script, but you can put values too

SQL CALL LMS.dbo.Sp_TestQlikview('1', '2', 'USER_NAME');

- Anil

Best Anil, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful
Not applicable
Author

Thank you Bindu.

I understand that the working mechanism of QlikView with SQL Server Database is not the same as with Oracle Database particularly at Stored Procedures and Functions level.

The first link directs to Sql server stored procedures. But the similar way is not working with Oracle Stored Procedures.

For the second thread, I had posted the question as well as the answer based on information from known people that QlikView reads/fetches data ONLY from Oracle FUNCTIONS and not Stored Procedures.

I desperately want a concrete evidence from somebody with examples saying QlikView can read Oracle Stored Procedure data also.

Hope you get my point and request your help on this.

Thank you,

Laxmaiah Chowdary

Not applicable
Author

Thanks for your time Anil.

This call performs DML operations (insert, update or alter) on table.

But fetching/reading table records through Oracle Stored Procedure fails.

I mean to say reload does not show any errors but the data is not fetched to QlikView.

Could you please check read option from Oracle SP to QV.

Thanks,

Laxmaiah Chowdary