Qlik Community

QlikView Scripting

Discussion Board for collaboration on QlikView Scripting.

Announcements

Breathe easy -- you now have more time to plan your next steps with Qlik!
QlikView 11.2 Extended Support is now valid through December 31, 2020. Click here for more information.

Not applicable

Can SAP Connector read multiproviders

I am new to QV using 8.5. I have inherited QV reporting for a new SAP installation and was asked by our BW consultant if the connector can access multiproviders. Not sure what they are

Any insight?

Thanks

3 Replies
Not applicable

Moelkers,

It has been so long since you posted this. but I am stuck in same issue right now. did you find any solution how to do that??

Regards

Employee
Employee

Hi

A multiprovider within BW is a special type of Infoprovider which can contain data from several BW sources for example combining 2 separate cubes or combining multiple ODS objects.  QlikView can pull data from these via a couple of routes:

• Build a BeX query on the multiprovider and use the OLAP connector to link to this (depending on data volumes)
  • Determine the underlying logic of what is contained in the multiprovider and use the SQL connector to pull the base tables, for example a multiprovider may pull data from a sales and accounting cube, so we could use the SQL connector to pull the required fact/master data tables.  For large volume cubes this will be the most performant approach

Ian

suniljain
Honored Contributor

Its tough OR Not Possible to Build a BeX query on the multiprovider and use the OLAP connector to link to this (depending on data volumes)

Pls Try.

Community Browser