Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Can a script be developed to join a table where the the information needs to be transposed upon loading into Qlikview

I have a spreadsheet that I would like to join in Qlikview where part of the rows I want to transpose upon loading.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
datanibbler
Champion
Champion

There is a button in the script_editor, the topmost one (lower half of the screen).

My version is German, so I'm not sure what it will be labeled, but that's the one.

Once it opens, you just navigate to the file you want to load and QlikView should recognize it.

View solution in original post

5 Replies
datanibbler
Champion
Champion

Hi Todd,

sure. Transposing is a function you have in the LOAD wizard in QlikView.  I use it quite often when the data in Excel that I want to load is in a Crosstab-like structure - it's a bit more complex than doing a crosstab_load, but I think it is more powerful.

Just open the wizard in the script_editor (by clicking on "spreadsheets") and on the second screen, enter the editing_mode. Transposing is an option on the "rotate" tab.

HTH

Best regards,

DataNibbler

Not applicable
Author

Did you try CrossTable?

Select Excel File you need from Table files in Script and then use file wizard for the cross table.

Yes, forgot that option, as DataNibbler said, Try Rotate/Transpose option from Enable Transformation Step in file wizard of the script.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Not an avid developer, but learning.  I am not seeing how to "open" the wizard in the script editor...not seeing where the spreadsheets option is?

datanibbler
Champion
Champion

There is a button in the script_editor, the topmost one (lower half of the screen).

My version is German, so I'm not sure what it will be labeled, but that's the one.

Once it opens, you just navigate to the file you want to load and QlikView should recognize it.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Thanks kindly.  Makes sense now on the navigation to transpose.