cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
dhborchardt
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator

Cannot see Access Query if it calls a Function

I cannot connect to an access query (does not appear in 'Create Select Statement/Database tables') if a function call is made to a module within the query I am attempting to select from. I tried to use anther query on top of that one but still did not appear in the 'Create Select Statement' window. Is this a limitation or am I doing something wrong?

Access 2010

Qlikview 11,  64 bit

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Gysbert_Wassenaar

1. Try to rewrite the logic in qlikview script. It's pretty powerful so it might surprise you what you can do. And ask us if you need help.
  2. Use a 'real' database as data source
  3. Create a vbscript function in the module and call it as a function in the script (example here).

talk is cheap, supply exceeds demand

View solution in original post

4 Replies
Gysbert_Wassenaar

As far as I know that's a limitation of the odbc/oledb driver for MS-Access. It allows access to the data, but won't run code.

dhborchardt
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator
Author

Thanks. In this case I was able to accomplish it pretty simply in the load statement. What is the workaround if there is no easy button?

Gysbert_Wassenaar

1. Try to rewrite the logic in qlikview script. It's pretty powerful so it might surprise you what you can do. And ask us if you need help.
  2. Use a 'real' database as data source
  3. Create a vbscript function in the module and call it as a function in the script (example here).

dhborchardt
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator
Author

Yeaaa,, I was waiting for that. Unfortunately I was not there for that decision. Thanks again.