Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
aetingu12
Creator
Creator

Carrying over prior months data to current month in Set Analysis Pivot Table

All,

I have read some examples on cumulative and rolling balances on this, but I was wondering if it was possible to have a pivot table and within the pivot table have a row that displays prior months closing balance.

Capture.PNG

So in March 19; Opening Balance should be Feb 19's closing balance. I have attached a sample with data.

Help is much appreciated.

Labels (2)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
sunny_talwar

Check out the attached

image.png

Expression used

If(Only(TOTAL <Movements> Movements) = 'Opening' and Len(Trim(Only(TOTAL <Dates> Dates))) > 0, Before(Sum(TOTAL <Dates> {<Movements = {'Closing'}>}Balances)), Sum(Balances))

View solution in original post

6 Replies
sunny_talwar

If we do this for March, why don't we get the Jan's closing balance of 7,952.84 as Feb's opening balance? Why do we have a different number for Feb's opening of 7,889.46... which also equals Feb's closing?

aetingu12
Creator
Creator
Author

That is the problem.  That was my trial.  I would like to get the prior months closing as current months opening for all dates, unless it is the first date.

sunny_talwar

But the opening for Feb is hard coded in the script... I am a little confused.

aetingu12
Creator
Creator
Author

Ah, yes sorry.  I was just trying to illustrate what I wanted.  I have attached updated test file with no open date.  Basically, I would like to have a new row that displays the closing date from the prior period.

Thanks for your patience.

sunny_talwar

Check out the attached

image.png

Expression used

If(Only(TOTAL <Movements> Movements) = 'Opening' and Len(Trim(Only(TOTAL <Dates> Dates))) > 0, Before(Sum(TOTAL <Dates> {<Movements = {'Closing'}>}Balances)), Sum(Balances))

aetingu12
Creator
Creator
Author

Much appreciated!