Qlik Community

QlikView Scripting

Discussion Board for collaboration on QlikView Scripting.

Announcements
QlikView Fans! We’d love to hear from you.
Share your QlikView feedback with the product team… Click here to participate in our 5-minute survey.
Rules, plus terms and conditions, can be found here.
rafal_wardas
New Contributor III

Cascade processing of QVD files.

Hello,

Let's say I have 2 views on database side ( Customer , Customer_LifeTime_Activity ) with following data :

Customer:

[c_id]

A

B

C

Customer_LifeTime_Activity:

[c_id], [value]

A 100

A 200

A 300

B 100

B 400

B 855

C 100

Extracts are generated from database views weekly. I use FastExport dump to file, and file import it's quicker then ODBC for Teradata. So in the end we have 2 calls of load utility :

LOAD

@1 as c_id,

@2 as value 

FROM

C:\Users\sg0216851\Desktop\Travelocity\04_QlickView\Dir_struct\Prod\data\in\tableA.txt

(txt, codepage is 1252, explicit labels, delimiter is \x7, msq);

which we will save into QVD files to get "Customer.qvd" and "Customer_LifeTime_Activity.qvd". Now I want to move some logic implemented

in Teradata side into QlikView, for example :

SELECT

c.C_id, Count(*)

FROM

Customer c  inner join Customer_LifeTime_Activity ca on c.c_id = ca.c_id

group by 1 ;

I now it's possible with QV, but it's not the point of discussion. I guess I need some back end process which will generate second level of  QVD

files based on QVD extracts calculation. How can I implement that for command line purpose ?  Second thing is error tracking, I want to return

log of QVDs processing into Teradata database via ODBC, is it possible with QV?   Third thing which I want is implementation of easy QV report to

manage jobs ( QVD processing  ). ;-)

Thanks,

-R

Tags (3)
Community Browser