Qlik Community

QlikView Scripting

Discussion Board for collaboration on QlikView Scripting.

Announcements
QlikView Fans! We’d love to hear from you.
Share your QlikView feedback with the product team… Click here to participate in our 5-minute survey.
Rules, plus terms and conditions, can be found here.
Not applicable

Categorizing List Box Data Advanced Fuzzy Search

I pulled data from Salesforce.com and the table in QlikView contains leadID and SearchPhrase as fields.

I am looking for a way to label SearchPhrase data as "branded" if it contains "phd" or "esxpress", and "nonbranded" if does not contain such words.  So then I can make a new list box called "Label" and have "branded" and "nonbranded" as the choices in the list box so i could easily see which leads were branded vs. non-branded.  I know I can do fuzzy searches for "phd" and "esxpress" on the SearchPhrase list box that I already have, but being able to create the "Label" list box would make analysis for end users much easier and better .  Anyone know how I can accomplish this? 

2 Replies

Re: Categorizing List Box Data Advanced Fuzzy Search

You can use Rob Wunderlichs QV Cookbook (http://robwunderlich.com/downloads). It has an example of mapping with wildcards. With this technique you can create a new field for your label. You can then add a new listbox for the new label field.

talk is cheap, supply exceeds demand
Not applicable

Re: Categorizing List Box Data Advanced Fuzzy Search

Thanks for your prompt reply.  The link you shared appears to be filled with a lot of useful info.  I just downloaded the QV example titled "Mapping with Wildcards" and I will follow the logic.  Thanks.

Community Browser