Qlik Community

QlikView Scripting

Discussion Board for collaboration on QlikView Scripting.

Not applicable

Changes/Revision to Applications

I was wondering if anyone has any examples of what they do for revision changes in your applications.  I have created a separate tab which list the changes but I was wondering if anyone has some cool designs they can share.

David

3 Replies
datanibbler
Esteemed Contributor

Re: Changes/Revision to Applications

Hi David,

would you mind sharing that?

Sounds like a great idea.

We currently have neither a proper backup system in place nor a versioning system of any kind.

The chances that we're going to get a real versioning system, which would be good for backups at the same time, are quite slim...

At the moment, what we do is, we simply make copies in dedicated backup_folders, labeled with the date, and take out the data which makes most apps significantly smaller - but that is a bit backward in a hightech environment ...

Thanks a lot!

Best regards,

DataNibbler

Not applicable

Generally I create an inline table or manage it through a straight table, then when a person launches the dashboard the home pages contains the version details which includes last update date, version number, last update, identified issues etc

datanibbler
Esteemed Contributor

Hi Felim,

that, however, involves the issue that persons without QlikView license cannot view this documentation (Okay, persons without license might have no interest in knowing about a QlikView_app they cannot access ...)

The objective, and the difficult part, is to keep the time that has to be spent on documentation to a minimum and thus make it possible to document every step in the development process.

We have a documentation of all our QlikView_apps in Word_format (because here the managers, even those without QlikView_license, do want to know about the QlikView_apps) which are saved on a generally accessible server.

They are then merely linked from a textbox which is standardized in all our apps - and which also contains the last reload, the version_nr., the person responsible for the "business_side" and the developer.

I would go for some sort of changelog to be included in the Word_format documentation.That way, I'd have to write things only once, not several times.

Community Browser