Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Changing connection from SQL Server to SAP BW

Good afternoon,

I'm working on a mobile project where I have developed dashboards in credit analysis area on top of SQL server. Now I would like to see how these dashboards are looking based on production data where SAP BW is used.

What's the impact of changing my connection from SQL Server to SAP BW? Do I need to do additional development?

Thanks in advance.

Onur

5 Replies
rbecher
MVP
MVP

Hi Onur,

you will need the QlikView SAP Connector. Which is available as a licensed option..

- Ralf

Astrato.io Head of R&D
Not applicable
Author

After changing the connection to QlikView SAP Connector, Do I need to do any additional development/adjustment in Dashboards/ Reports?

rbecher
MVP
MVP

You probaly will have to change the load script. I guess the data model is fully different..

Astrato.io Head of R&D
Not applicable
Author

So that means that I'll need to recreate the dashboars aswell. I'm a newbie so long explanation will really be appreciated.

Thanks in advance!!

rbecher
MVP
MVP

It depends. You could consider the QlikView tables (from your existing dashboard) as an abstract business layer where you could fill in the data from a different source, if it fits to the given structure (tables) and granularity (level of detail).

Astrato.io Head of R&D