Skip to main content
Announcements
Live today at 11 AM ET. Get your questions about Qlik Connect answered, or just listen in. SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Check individual lines against the interval

What is the fastest way to check a set of individual data lines against a from to range ?

Batch:

LOAD

batch_number,

invoice_number_from,

invoice_number_to

resident batch_header;

Invoices:

LOAD

batch_number,

invoice_number,

resident invoice_header;

Table Batch contains a range of invoices asked with a from and to invoice number. 1 row per batch_number

Table Invoices containts my actual invoices. 1 row per batch_number / invoice_number

However, for some reason, table Invoices sometimes does not contain some invoices as they cannot be processed by the interface process.

How can I easily script this ? I have the invoice_number_to and invoice_number_from in table Batch and I want to check which invoice numbers in between the range cannot be found in the table Invoices. Below is an example

Table Batch :

batch_number     invoice_number_from     invoice_number_to

123456               12568                           12574    

Table Invoices:

batch_number     invoice_number

123456               12568

123456               12569

123456               12571

123456               12572

123456               12573

The result I want to get is a table with 12570 and 12574 as these numbers are within the interval but cannot be found in table Invoices

I guess the easiest way might be to transform the Table Batch into a multi row table and then check the generated invoice numbers against the Invoices table, but what is the easiest way to do this ?

0 Replies