Qlik Community

QlikView Scripting

Discussion Board for collaboration on QlikView Scripting.

Announcements
QlikView Fans! We’d love to hear from you.
Share your QlikView feedback with the product team… Click here to participate in our 5-minute survey.
Rules, plus terms and conditions, can be found here.
Not applicable

Check retrieved data while reloading

Hi all,

is there a way to check the number of the retrieved data, while web schedule reload is running?

I would like to see the same information ("XYZ lines fetched") that appears while loading from Desktop application.

I can't see it nor in the <FILE_NAME>.qvw.log and in the C:\ProgramData\QlikTech\DistributionService\1\Log

Thanks a lot

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
MVP
MVP

Re: Check retrieved data while reloading

These reloads operate as a background task (qvb.exe) with no user interface.

You can open the document log while it is loading in something like Notepad++. You wont see the progress during a specific LOAD, but you will able to see how many rows were loaded when the LOAD expression completes and see the overall process though the load script.

Logic will get you from a to b. Imagination will take you everywhere. - A Einstein
2 Replies
MVP
MVP

These reloads operate as a background task (qvb.exe) with no user interface.

You can open the document log while it is loading in something like Notepad++. You wont see the progress during a specific LOAD, but you will able to see how many rows were loaded when the LOAD expression completes and see the overall process though the load script.

Logic will get you from a to b. Imagination will take you everywhere. - A Einstein
Not applicable

Thank you Jonathan.

I know about this possibility but sometimes I need to check how many records have been retreived and how many records haven't been retrieved yet because the reload process is very time consuming.

Community Browser