Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Class with dates

Hi Community:

I am trying to make a chart that looks like the following:

wantclass.png

Here is my data.  I am using the OPEN_QN_FLG field from the QN table and SRC_CREATE_DTTM field from the Squawk table.

layout.png

openqnflag.pngsrc_create.png

The SRC_CREATE_DTTM is in number format and is the date that the quality notification (QN) was opened.  The OPEN_QN_FLG field shows a 1 if the notification is still opened, and a 0 if it is closed.  For my chart, I am only interested in the open QNs, or 1s. 

This is the chart I am getting, and can't figure out how to fix it:

openqns.png

hi.png

HIII.png

I commented out a lot of lines just because I have tried a lot of stuff and cannot get anything to work right.  I put the num in front of TODAY so that it is in the same format as the SRC_CREATE_DTTM.  Since the SRC_CREATE_DTTM has so many decimals, I used FLOOR in order to get rid of them.

I ideally do not want to change anything in the back end, if possible, because someone else is working on that as I design the front end.  However, if that is the only option we can work together to add to that.

Thanks!

11 Replies
Not applicable
Author

Also, DaysOpen, in the CLASS function, is not a field, it is just the label that I used to name the classes

Not applicable
Author

Channing,

use this expression in calculated dimension

replace(class(num(today)-floor(SRC_CREATE_DTTM),30,'x',0),'x','-')

30 - interval

'-' default string

0 is offset value (starting point)

you have to use a function named Replace(string, fromstring, tostring) to display '-' between the range values on x - axis.

Not applicable
Author

new.png

Above is what changed.  DaysOpen was replaced with a hyphen.  That did help, but now I need the buckets to be different values (0-30 days, 30-60 days, 60-90 days, 90+ days)

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi Channing,

Please copy paste your calculated dimension here.

Not applicable
Author

use this for '-' only between the range

replace(class(num(today)-floor(SRC_CREATE_DTTM),30,'x',0),'<= x <','-')

Probably the minimum number of days between today and SRC_CREATE_DTTM  is 420, that's why the range is getting started with 420.

Please share the qvw file for better understanding.

Not applicable
Author

=class(num(today())-floor(SRC_CREATE_DTTM),30, 'DaysOpen') is what I used originally

But then I changed it to what Anuj said, and then posted the new chart, after using =replace(class(num(today())-floor(SRC_CREATE_DTTM),30,'x',0),'x','-')

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi,

Use '<= x <' instead of 'x'

=replace(class(num(today())-floor(SRC_CREATE_DTTM),30,'x',0),'<= x <','-')

As for Buckets - Maybe you have date for starting 420 days and more.

Not applicable
Author

So I made a change.  I ended up adding something to the back end.  I added a field called AGE which subtracts the create date and today's date, so the column shows the number of days the quality notification has been opened.  Now, my dimension is this: =replace(class(AGE,30,'x'),'<= x <','-') and that is labeled Age Group.  My expression is sum(OPEN_QN_FLG). 

aaa.png

I feel like I'm getting closer, but I only want 4 bars being 0-30, 30-60, 60-90, 90+.

How do I specify this?

Not applicable
Author

never mind! I figured it out