Qlik Community

QlikView Scripting

Discussion Board for collaboration on QlikView Scripting.

Announcements
QlikView Fans! We’d love to hear from you.
Share your QlikView feedback with the product team… Click here to participate in our 5-minute survey.
Rules, plus terms and conditions, can be found here.
datanibbler
Esteemed Contributor

Cleaning up the data_model

Hi,

I am just trying to do some cleaning_up in the data_model of my current document, and parallely we are trying to do the same in a document on the middle_tier of our three-tier QV architecture.

I am a bit uncertain here about the order in which QlikView-script executes certain operations: Say I want to successively join tables - from the outside in, so to speak - in a data model. That means I have to actually join the two "outer" tables first and then join the resulting table to the "inner" one. How could I influence the execution_order to achieve that?

Thanks a lot!

Best regards,

DataNibbler

1 Reply
datanibbler
Esteemed Contributor

Re: Cleaning up the data_model

There is another issue with my data model: I now have something like the ideal "star schema" - a fact table and two dimension (masterdata) tables connected to it - but there is a second fact table, but it has only one field in common with the first, and I have by now realized that the issue of a keyfield being unique ("Perfect key") or not ("Primary key" or just "key") does have an influence on things.

What can I do to deal with this issue (it does not currently cause any problems, so I'm not sure I even have to address it)?

Thanks a lot!

Best regards,

DataNibbler

Community Browser