Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Comparing FiscalYearDate to BillStartDate

I received help on my Master Calendar question earlier.  It will help but here is the issue I have:

I have two dates in my table:

FiscalYearBeginDate which could be 7/1/2012, 8/1/2012, 9/1/2012, etc.

BillStartDate which could be any date so as an example lets say 2/1/2013

What I need to know is the following:

If FiscalYearBeginDate = 7/1/2012 then BillDate 2/1/2013 is Month 7 of Fiscal Year 2012, 8/1/2012 is Month 6 of Fiscal Year 2012, 9/1/2012 is Month 5 of Fiscal Year 2012, etc. 

So for each BillStartDate I need to know which month and fiscal year that date falls into.  Does this make sense.

David

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
datanibbler
Champion
Champion

Hi David,

so, if I understand correctly, you just want an "alternative" master_calendar that starts with whatever date your fiscal year starts?

Not sure how to do that.

You could try using networkdays(), however, that would give you a nr. of days that elapsed since the beginning of the fiscal year up to the bill_date.

HTH

Best regards,

DataNibbler

View solution in original post

1 Reply
datanibbler
Champion
Champion

Hi David,

so, if I understand correctly, you just want an "alternative" master_calendar that starts with whatever date your fiscal year starts?

Not sure how to do that.

You could try using networkdays(), however, that would give you a nr. of days that elapsed since the beginning of the fiscal year up to the bill_date.

HTH

Best regards,

DataNibbler