Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jeshil09
Contributor II
Contributor II

Comparing list of field values with previous day according to selection

Hi folks,

I have a list of items that have some attributes which the user uses as filters. Now I have data for each day as list of available items each day, the item id remains the same throughout the days but the properties/attributes might change each day.

What I want to do is show in a bar chart with x-axis days & how many new items are "newly"present each day that were not the previous day. So something like this

ItemId Color Day

1           Blue   1-03-2019

1           Red    2-03-2019

So the same item has different colors. I want to be able when the user does not select any color the item is there in both days but not new, when the user selects Red Color then the item appears new on the 2nd March. Because there are several attributes like this I can not do it on the script but need to do it on the fly on the chart expression.

I am trying to calculate in the expression (dimension is day) if possible values of today against possible values that were there yesterday did not exist so they are new for the day. This will then change according to user selection. I am able to get a concat of previous day values but putting it then as below is not working or showing incorrect numbers

count(if(not wildmatch(concat(Distinct total {<DAY={'$(=date(floor(DAY)-1))'}>} ItemId), chr(39) &'*'&ItemId&'*' & chr(39)), ItemId))

Labels (2)
0 Replies