Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Completely delete and remove a dimension from .qvw

Gd'day folks,

I would like to know how could I completely remove a dimension that I have created.

I have lost the script since being a smart ass I deleted it completely.

Its causing some issue with the ordering of fields requested by my user in the report.

Please advise, really need it done by end of today.

Thanks in advance.

Best Regards,

Ram Asokan

P/S: Sorry for the confusion. I need to delete the dimension permanently. Please HELP!

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
jonathandienst
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

Hi

Create a copy of the document that you want to fix. In the copy, delete the existing script and start a new script with a binary load of the existing document. In the script editor foot pane, select load from QVW. Add Drop Table and/or Drop Field statements to remove table(s) and/or field(s) to delete the dimension.

Once you have tested everything, archive the original model (have you learned the lesson about deleting stuff ), and rename the new file to the old file name.

HTH

Jonathan

Logic will get you from a to b. Imagination will take you everywhere. - A Einstein

View solution in original post

8 Replies
karthickv
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator

Drop Field fieldname is it not helping your requirement ?

Not applicable
Author

Use Drop Field Statement after the usage of field has done..

After the load statement ...

sujeetsingh
Master III
Master III

Go to table viever Ctrl+T

and see the table in which the field is present and then ad a script to the qvw as

another table with resident load.

For example let the table be CustomerData which contains the field you want to drop.

Customer_Data:

Load

,Field1

,Field2

---

--

--

Resident CustomerData;

Drop Table CustomerData;

Not applicable
Author

Hi Karthick,

Nope.

Not applicable
Author

Hi Sujeet,

Sorry mate for the confusion, its bouts deleting a whole dimension permanently via script.

jonathandienst
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

Hi

Create a copy of the document that you want to fix. In the copy, delete the existing script and start a new script with a binary load of the existing document. In the script editor foot pane, select load from QVW. Add Drop Table and/or Drop Field statements to remove table(s) and/or field(s) to delete the dimension.

Once you have tested everything, archive the original model (have you learned the lesson about deleting stuff ), and rename the new file to the old file name.

HTH

Jonathan

Logic will get you from a to b. Imagination will take you everywhere. - A Einstein
Not applicable
Author

Hi Jonathan,

That was my initial plan, but the problem is I have already deleted the script. Its no longer there.

Would you know any work around?

Thanks in advance.

jonathandienst
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

The point is that you don't need the original script - you will create a new script starting with a binary load of the existing model.