Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Complex section access bridge table not working

Hi, I'm having an issue with section access when using multiple fields, I've followed the instructions in here:

http://community.qlik.com/blogs/qlikviewdesignblog/2012/10/02/complex-authorization

open attachment on below comment to see script

I've have the initial data reduction checked, and I've tried both with strict exclusion and without checking it, same result...

It works just fine in my desktop qlikview, but once in the access point, it is not working

If I set my access to <ALL>|<ALL>|<ALL>|<ALL> it will let me see it, but if I replace any of the fields then it will say I don't have access, for example <ALL>|PPS|<ALL>|<ALL> (but in desktop I do have access and it reduced to PPS only)

Thanks in advance for your help!

14 Replies
stabben23
Partner - Master
Partner - Master

Hi Oscar,

I don´t know but you have a lot of startbrackets that dont have a endbracket in the Bridge part. You also have a endbracket in performance.

Not applicable
Author

Hi Oscar,

Can you please share an sample application with sample data to work with.

Regards,

Vasim

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi, thanks for your help, the brackets is my bad, I tried to simplify the script to post the question. I'm attaching the file, the whole load scripts are there. I've commented the section access script and unchecked the reduction and strict exclusion so you can open the document.

Not applicable
Author

Hi Oscar, Please check the section access table have the ADMIN QVSERVICE account name ?

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi Dathu, Im not sure what you mean, I do am including a system account, the one that runs the refreshes, as I'm not an admin and this process is driven by a external team.

Sent from my Samsung Mobile

Regards,

Oscar Marquez

Not applicable
Author

Hi Oscar,

Thanks for sharing the file.

But when i am trying to open your document ,i get this error of failed to open the document.

Regards,

Vasim

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi  Vasim,

I'm not sure why you would get that message, unless you have a personal license, I've deactivated data reduction and strict exclusion, also I refreshed it without section access before uploading it. Any ideas?

Not applicable
Author

Hi Oscar, I am suspecting the %KEY Section Table having the same data in BridgeTable.

Please check the data in new qvw file.

Please provide the sample data for your script.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi Dathu,

Here's the attachment with the files I'm using. I'm not really sure what you meant with "same data". Thanks for your help, I really appreciate it.