Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Complex section access bridge table not working

Hi, I'm having an issue with section access when using multiple fields, I've followed the instructions in here:

http://community.qlik.com/blogs/qlikviewdesignblog/2012/10/02/complex-authorization

open attachment on below comment to see script

I've have the initial data reduction checked, and I've tried both with strict exclusion and without checking it, same result...

It works just fine in my desktop qlikview, but once in the access point, it is not working

If I set my access to <ALL>|<ALL>|<ALL>|<ALL> it will let me see it, but if I replace any of the fields then it will say I don't have access, for example <ALL>|PPS|<ALL>|<ALL> (but in desktop I do have access and it reduced to PPS only)

Thanks in advance for your help!

14 Replies
Not applicable
Author

Hi Oscar, your script looks good and exact error you are getting on the Access Point ?

Access Denied Error ?

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi Dathu, yes, I'm getting the access denied error

Sent from my Samsung Mobile

Regards,

Oscar Marquez

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Any idea? 😕

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Yes I have an idea. When you say 'all' in the Section Access table it means all of the values in that Section Acces table. So in your case all the regions, all the BG, all the BU and all the segments who are listed in the section access table . If you put ALL in all fields Qlikview is able to assemble a database for you. Note that in the BU field the only value in the list is 'TS'. So when you put 'PPS' in the field BG, Qlikview can't make a database since PPS and TS exclude each other. Please put in a blank for all fields instead of ALL for you as administrator. In this case you will get to see all 🙂 and not only all fields listed in the access list.

ksmith24
Contributor III
Contributor III

I am seeing this also, works using local client but if the server reloads and publishes, "access denied".  Were you able to figure anything out here?