Discussion Board for collaboration on QlikView Scripting.
Could you, please, clarify few moments concerting 'concatenate' function.
1) When we're speaking about same fields number and same fields' names, we imply fields that we load in qvd despite ones that original .xls file contains. Is that correct?
2) When we use fields' names recoding in script, qlick view identifies such fields as different or the same?
var2 as sales
In this case will these tables be concatenated or not?
Many thanks in advance!
Go to Solution.
If number of Fields and Name are same then AutoConcatenate
Otherwise not... In your second case it will not.
2. They will not be concatenated.
It will not get concatenated. Infact it will create a synthetic table on fields common between 2 tables
Manish, great, thanks!
But I didn't not completely understand in which case tables AutoConcatenate:
1) when number of Fields and Name are same in xls file which I load in QVD ?
2) when number of Fields and Name are same in LOAD-function in script ?
3) or in both cases?
Can you explain this?
when number of Fields and Name are same in xls file which I load in QVD ?
Autoconcatenation will happens at script level...
Load A, B From Table1;
Load A, B From Table2;
Store T1 into T1.qvd (QVD);
Here even though you are saving only T2 in QVD, data from both table will be stored as T1.qvd because both T1 and T2 is having same number of fields with same name so autoconcatenation happened.
I meant this:
Here are two fields and they have same names. It is Ok.
But in this files it looks like that:
Despite that in excel files there are different sets if fields, they will be autoconcatenated?
So sorry for these questions.
If you load only Var1 and Var2 from both File : answer is YES
but if you load full set of fields and data : Answer is NO
Matish, great! Thanks muchly!