Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Conditional Formatting in Qlikview

Hi Team,

I am new to the Qlik community and this is my first post,also i am new to Qlikview and learning . please help !!

Need help on Conditional formatting (Color Coding) in Qlikview QVW.

I have a Chart (Pivot Table) in my QVW with some expressions. For example my Expression is "Expression_1" which is a value. now i have a target for this expression lets say the target is "1", now i want to get a color code(Green or Red) with respect to the target.

I can use Visual Cues to achive what i need above BUT,

My targets differ with each Dimension, Please find Example Below.

Now i tried using If function in "Background Color" under "Expression_1" and was able to get Color  for first condition as below

=if(Dimension_1='A' and Dimension_2='B' and Dimension_3='C' and Expression_1>=1,Green(),red())

But what i want to know is HOW i can apply all conditions in one formula and get the color coding.

Your Help is much appreciated, thanks a TON in advance !!

6 Replies
fred_s
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III

Hi Varma,

You could check the attachment.

Not sure if it's what you mean..

Grtz. Fred

Not applicable
Author

Hi Fred,

Thank you so much for your reply.

What you expressed in the document is correct but that applies only for one condition (A,B,E) and rest are Red.

I have targets for other conditions(Each Row) as well and i want to combine all the conditions so that it will get color to Expression_1 accordingly.

I wanted to know how i can combine all conditions and get final color results in Expression_1

Please suggest and let me know if you need further information.

Regards,

Varma.

Not applicable
Author

I am not strict to IF function alone.That is what i could think of with my knowledge in Qlikview . Please suggest if there any other way to achieve this. thank you !!

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

hi Varma,

what's your final chart object is? are you sure it is a pivot table, not a straight one? Is this like

Dim1,Dim2,Dim3, Exp1

if this is a simple straight chart like that, then you can create another table in your date model with a concatenated key autonumber(Dim1,Dim2,Dim3) and Target value. And create the same key in your main table so it will be connected to your color table in data model

Then if your chart dimensions are the same, you can color code now using

if(Exp1 > Target, green(), red())

Now if this is a pivot chart or your dimensions are different, then things can get ugly.

robert_mika
Master III
Master III

Look here fo some help about dimensionality

How to use - Dimensionality()

fred_s
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III

Hi Varma,

I guess this is what you mean..

Grtz. Fred