Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Conditional Show Quit Working

Hello,

I had my conditional show working on one of my sheets. I added 2 more sheets with the same conditional show criteria. Now, none of them show. I'm not sure what changed.

Here is my security script

Section Access;
LOAD * INLINE [
ACCESS, USERID, PASSWORD
ADMIN, ADMIN, ADMIN
USER, USER, USER
ADMIN, DH2343, TEST
USER, MY4771, TEST
];
Section Application;

SheetSecurity:
LOAD * INLINE [
USERID, SHOWSHEET, IBEX_DISPOSITION_ATN_LOGIN_ID
DH2343, 1, DH2343
MY4771, 0, MY4771
ADMIN, 1
];

My conditional show is SHOWSHEET = 1

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.... Scott

4 Replies
Miguel_Angel_Baeyens

Hi Scott,

Probably obvious but do they show without any conditional? Or seting "1=1" as conditional? Make sure that in the Menu Settings, Document Properties, Security, "Show all Sheets and Objects" is unchecked. Go back to any preivous version and use the same script to see if that works.

Hope this helps.

Not applicable
Author

I found out that I am having to reload when switching between ADMIN and USER. If I reload it works correctly. Is there any way around the reload?

Thanks,

Scott

Miguel_Angel_Baeyens

Hello Scott,

When you access to a document that reduces data, that is exactly what it happens: data that is not realted to that user is reduced (read "removed") from the document. Say this way: you have a user ADMIN that has all privileges in your document, and one user SALES that has only access to data and sheets related to SALES.

You first log onto the document as SALES, data is reduced so there's only SALES information left, no PURCHASES, no ACCOUNTS, etc...

Now you close your document and you open it as ADMIN. Yes, ADMIN has access to the whole document but, since SALES already logged in and data was reduced, ADMIN has access to all data and sheets, which are no more than SALES. The rest of the data isn't there, simply.

Hope I made this clear and not more confusing.

There is no other way to get all data back again than reloading.

If you are developing and testing, I'd recommend you to not to check Strict Exclusion even not to check "Reduce data" in the document properties, rather than "Initial selection based on section access".

Hope this helps.

rwunderlich
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

scottmc68 wrote:
I found out that I am having to reload when switching between ADMIN and USER. If I reload it works correctly. Is there any way around the reload?

If you close QV completely (not just the document) you will get reprompted for userid when you open the document again.

-Rob