Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Conditional Show Using Security

I am trying to show a sheet only to administrators. I have the following security in the hidden script.

Section Access;
LOAD * INLINE [
ACCESS, USERID, PASSWORD, SHOWSHEET, IBEX_DISPOSITION_ATN_LOGIN_ID
ADMIN, ADMIN, ADMIN, 1
ADMIN, DH2343, TEST, 1, DH2343
USER, MY4771, TEST, 0, MY4771
];

Section
Application;

In the sheet properties I am using the condition =SHOWSHEET=1 However, even after reloading, SHOWSHEET is in RED and is not an available field to use to show this sheet to administrators only. Any help would be sincerely appreciated.

Thanks
Scott..

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Miguel_Angel_Baeyens

Hello Scott,

In the section application, create an additional table for that purpose and move the SHOWSHEET field to this new table

SECTION APPLICATION; SheetSecurity:LOAD * INLINE [USERID, SHOWSHEETADMIN, 1DH2342, 1];

Hope that helps

View solution in original post

8 Replies
Miguel_Angel_Baeyens

Hello Scott,

In the section application, create an additional table for that purpose and move the SHOWSHEET field to this new table

SECTION APPLICATION; SheetSecurity:LOAD * INLINE [USERID, SHOWSHEETADMIN, 1DH2342, 1];

Hope that helps

Not applicable
Author

Hi,

you can use the sheet properties --> show sheet conditional -->

QVUser()='MANAGER' OR QVUser()='ADMIN' <pre>
and only manager or admin can see this sheet.
Regards, Roland</body>
Not applicable
Author

Miguel,

The script you suggested does indeed turn the SHOWSHEET green so that it is usable.

However, when I set the condition SHOWSHEET=1 on the sheet for ADMIN only it denies access to the entire docuement for the non-admin user.

Any suggestions?

Miguel_Angel_Baeyens

Scott,

Log into the document as the non admin user and check whether the SecuritySheet table exists. It should, as it have the non-admin user.

Hope this helps

Not applicable
Author

Miguel,

I can't login as the non-admin user. The application is denying access to the whole document for any other login accept an admin. Do I need to add "users" to the security table with SHOWTABLE equal to 0?

Thanks
Scott

Not applicable
Author

I validated my own question. As soon as I added the non-admin user to the security table and desiganted them as SHOWTABLE 0... everything worked.

Thanks for your help!!

Scott

Miguel_Angel_Baeyens

Scott,

Add some other users and move the IBEX_DISPOSITION_ATN_LOGIN_ID field to this other table as well. It seems you are reducing your data using strict exclusion, and the SHOWSHEET field may be affecting the rest of the fields (meaning, is it linked to your datamodel or just to the sheets?)

Hope this helps

miredoju
Creator
Creator

Hi, my section access works, but I have a lot of users with access to different tabs: Section Access; Load * inline [ NTNAME, ACCESS, USERID, PASSWORD, SSU HANS, USER,,,H-NORD HANS, USER,,,H-WEST HANS, USER,,,H-OST HANS, USER,,,H-SUED ... Is it possible to reduce the script ? My test with * don´t work....: Section Access; Load * inline [ NTNAME, ACCESS, USERID, PASSWORD, SSU HANS, USER,,,H-* Thanks Michael