Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Conditional based display of Traffic Lights in data

I have this task in hand since quite sometime now and it still remains only half solved. Coordinated with some experienced Qlikview developers in my team as well but they haven't been able to crack this completely either over the last 2 days. I had posted this issue earlier over here as well but it remained unresolved as i didn't attach the Table files or qvw.

I am attaching the Table File that goes in QV & the qvw as well with the full explanation of the issue in hand.

The problem is as follows,

Capture.PNG

In the above chart every Market has a calculated field for 6 months.

Taking Belgium Market as an example(It needs to be done similarly for all Markets)

What needs to be done is mentioned below step by step taking Belgium Market as an example:

1)Find the Average(Maximum 3 Nos) & Average of (Minimum 2 nos.) at individual Market level and use these as a Benchmark

2)In case of Belgium it will be Average of (2.8%,0.8%,0.6%) = 1.53% as these are the maximum 3 nos. in Belgium & Average of (0.5%,0.5%) = 0.5% as these are the minimum 2 nos. here.

3)Any of the nos. >=1.53% should be shown in green , Any nos. <=0.5% shown be shown in red , Any nos. between 1.53% & 0.5% should be shown in yellow.

Result should look like this for Belgium for instance:

Untitled.png

Following is half the solution i have in hand.It is not exactly a complete solution as explained further :

Average of Minimum 2 Nos. for Belgium:-

=Sum({<Market={'Belgium'}>}if(aggr(rank(-Numbers),Market,Month)<=2,Numbers))/2

Average of Maximum 3 Nos. for Belgium:-

=Sum({<Market={'Belgium'}>}if(aggr(rank(Numbers),Market,Month)<=3,Numbers))/3

In this case the above solution works perfectly BUT ONLY IF  "Numbers" is a simple numeric column in the data. In my case however all 6 values for every Market are calculated and not straight forward numbers !

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
sunny_talwar

Check the attached

Capture.PNG

View solution in original post

6 Replies
sunny_talwar

Check the attached

Capture.PNG

sunny_talwar

Or this in the pivot table:

=If(Sum([Unique Leads 1 Month])/Sum([Active Contacts]) >=

Avg(TOTAL <Market> Aggr(If(Rank(Sum([Unique Leads 1 Month])/Sum([Active Contacts])) <= 3,

Sum([Unique Leads 1 Month])/Sum([Active Contacts])), Market, Month)),

'qmem://<bundled>/BuiltIn/led_g.png',

If(Sum([Unique Leads 1 Month])/Sum([Active Contacts]) <=

Avg(TOTAL <Market> Aggr(If(Rank(-Sum([Unique Leads 1 Month])/Sum([Active Contacts])) <= 2,

Sum([Unique Leads 1 Month])/Sum([Active Contacts])), Market, Month)),

'qmem://<bundled>/BuiltIn/led_r.png',

'qmem://<bundled>/BuiltIn/led_y.png'))

Capture.PNG

Not applicable
Author

Remarkable ! Thanks a ton!

sunny_talwar

Not a problem at all .

The pivot table option is not better, instead of repeating your expression for each market?

Not applicable
Author

Yes indeed! i used the pivot table option method to display the indicators ! Thanks

sunny_talwar

Oh okay, you marked the other one as the correct, so I wondered if that was the option you went ahead with.

Its good to know the pivot table option is what you ended up using