Skip to main content
Announcements
Live today at 11 AM ET. Get your questions about Qlik Connect answered, or just listen in. SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Conditional dimension display with macro

Hi,

I want to create a PivotTable through a macro. I need to use a macro because :

- The dimensions are variables

- The number of dimensions is variable

- The number of rows or columns is variable

- A dimension can be hide with a clic

I can do it except the last point (when the selection changes, I delete all the dimensions and then I add the dimensions I need). I looked into the API but I didn't find the right method. I tried

ActiveDocument.GetSheetObject("CH02").GetProperties.Dimensions(0).AttributeExpressions.ShowValueExp.Definition.v = "{condition}"

but it doesn't work.

Thank you for your help !

Enzo

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Not applicable
Author

Hello,

I think it can help. I tried several things and I find a function that doesn't appear in API but it works.

To fill the field Enable Conditional you need to use the attribute EnableCondition.Type and EnableCondtion.Expression.

EnableCondition is a bit like Show, it means EnableCondition.Type can be 0, 1 or 2. I didn't find any diffrences between the values 1 and 0, but the value 2 activate the Enable Conditional field.

The expression of the condition can be set with EnableCondition.Expression and can be see in the user interface.

You can attach a condition to a dimension thanks to this.

Here is an exemple :

set obj = ActiveDocument.GetSheetObject("CH08")

set objProp = obj.GetProperties

set variable = objProp.Dimensions(0).EnableCondition

variable.Type = 2

variable.Expression = {condition}

obj.SetProperties objProp

View solution in original post

5 Replies
Siva_Sankar
Master II
Master II

Enzo,

Try the following link..will give information about hiding dimension using macro.

http://www.citagus.com/citagus/blog/hiding-dimensions-in-qlikview-pivot-table/

and this thread

http://community.qlik.com/thread/17457

Regards.

siva

Not applicable
Author

Thanks siva for your help.

It's a good idea and it will probably work (I can't test right now).

I wonder if it is possible to fill the field of conditional display for a dimension with macro (I use QV in french so I don't know the exact word for this field in english). Do you know something about it ?

Enzo

rustyfishbones
Master II
Master II

This can be done using varables to show or hide Dimensions and Expressions

Not applicable
Author

Thanks Alan for answering.

I know you can hide or show Dimensions with variables, but I wonder how to set up which variable to use for which dimension with a macro.

For example, I want to add a dimension called Test and I want this dimension to be displayed if the variable show = 1 (the variable already exists). I can add the dimension with .AddDimension "Test" but I don't know how to manage the conditional display with macro.

Not applicable
Author

Hello,

I think it can help. I tried several things and I find a function that doesn't appear in API but it works.

To fill the field Enable Conditional you need to use the attribute EnableCondition.Type and EnableCondtion.Expression.

EnableCondition is a bit like Show, it means EnableCondition.Type can be 0, 1 or 2. I didn't find any diffrences between the values 1 and 0, but the value 2 activate the Enable Conditional field.

The expression of the condition can be set with EnableCondition.Expression and can be see in the user interface.

You can attach a condition to a dimension thanks to this.

Here is an exemple :

set obj = ActiveDocument.GetSheetObject("CH08")

set objProp = obj.GetProperties

set variable = objProp.Dimensions(0).EnableCondition

variable.Type = 2

variable.Expression = {condition}

obj.SetProperties objProp