cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
tsoley9262
Contributor III
Contributor III

Connection to MS Access on QLIKView Server

I have an access database I connect to but when I try to load on Access Point I am getting a error saying incomplete query clause

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Brett_Bleess
Former Employee
Former Employee

The one thing of which I can think in addition to Marcus and the other poster's comments is that the path to the Access DB was a drive/partition that the service account could not resolve, i.e. mapped drive, as those are specific to the user profile etc.  You want to be sure to use a proper UNC path when using service accounts to access things in those cases.  

If someone did help you here, be sure to mark their response as the solution by clicking on the Accept as Solution button, if you still need help, let us know, and if you did figure things out, you can post that and mark that as the solution as well.

Regards,
Brett

To help users find verified answers, please do not forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any post(s) that helped you resolve your problem or question.
I now work a compressed schedule, Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday, so those will be the days I will reply to any follow-up posts.

View solution in original post

8 Replies
trdandamudi
Master II
Master II

Are you able to connect to the database from your local qlikview and able to pull the data?

tsoley9262
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Yes I can connect local but when I try to execute to load in access point I am getting an Syntac error saying incomplete query clause

trdandamudi
Master II
Master II

Did you put a check mark against :Force 32 bit ?

tsoley9262
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Yes Force 32 bit is checked

trdandamudi
Master II
Master II

I am not able to think anything else. I do use ODBC and able to run both in local and server.

tsoley9262
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Thanks for trying ...I will let you know what I come up with

marcus_sommer

The server might not have an access to your database, for example blocked by any security tool or group policies. Further the user which runs the services must have proper access rights to the storage and the database.

- Marcus

Brett_Bleess
Former Employee
Former Employee

The one thing of which I can think in addition to Marcus and the other poster's comments is that the path to the Access DB was a drive/partition that the service account could not resolve, i.e. mapped drive, as those are specific to the user profile etc.  You want to be sure to use a proper UNC path when using service accounts to access things in those cases.  

If someone did help you here, be sure to mark their response as the solution by clicking on the Accept as Solution button, if you still need help, let us know, and if you did figure things out, you can post that and mark that as the solution as well.

Regards,
Brett

To help users find verified answers, please do not forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any post(s) that helped you resolve your problem or question.
I now work a compressed schedule, Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday, so those will be the days I will reply to any follow-up posts.