Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Rajesh_K
Contributor
Contributor

Converting QVD files to CSV

Hi,

I have a requirement to convert QVD files into spreadsheet format for our data feed downstream. 

Requirement is, the qvd file is residing in a server location which is getting updated daily. We need to convert it into csv and put in our shared drive path.

I am able to open Qlikview 12 Personal edition application from my machine and run the 'STORE' command to convert the file into CSV. But we need to automate this script to run daily to fetch the file from the remote server and deploy it in our shared drive. Is there a way to schedule this script ? Please help. TIA.

Regards,

Rajesh

Labels (6)
6 Replies
jaibau1993
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III

Hi!

Create a .bat file and write the something similar to the following command

"C:\Program Files\QlikView\Qv.exe" /r "[Your qvw path]\[your file name].qvw"

This opens, reloads and closes the specified qlikview file. Then, you only have to create a scheduled task on "windows task scheduler" so the batch file is executed daily. This task must be configured by the user that owns that  Personal Edition QV file (it is the only user that can open it with PE).

Regards,

Jaime.

Rajesh_K
Contributor
Contributor
Author

Thanks Jaime for your reply. I have created the .bat file. But i am facing the issue of  "this qlikview document was created by another qlikview personal edition user" and forced to abort the opening. I am creating and saving the .qvw file in my desktop and opening again using Qlik View and it throws this error. I searched for solutions but it doesn't help. Could you please help on this. Not able to understand why it says as the document was created by another qlikview user.

Edition is : Qlikview for Windows  Version 12.10.20600.0 SR8

It doesn't have any license keys currently. 

TIA

Regards,

Rajesh

srishsum2017
Creator
Creator

After generating the csv file try below mentioned command-

EXECUTE cmd.exe /C copy "[Your generated csv path]\xyz.csv" "[Path where you want to move csv]\";

Sumit Kumar Srivastava
Rajesh_K
Contributor
Contributor
Author

Thanks Sumit. But did you come across with this .qvw file opening error i have mentioned above. The error pops up even when i try to open using Qlikview application or call the file through BAT file to open in Qlikview. TIA

Regards,

Rajesh

srishsum2017
Creator
Creator

Hi Rajesh,

Please go through the below mentioned url, i hope you will get your answer-

https://support.qlik.com/articles/000003188

Sumit Kumar Srivastava
Brett_Bleess
Former Employee
Former Employee

Rajesh, do you have QVServer Reload Engine or Publisher?  If so, you should be able to get one of the developers to setup the app for you to do things and then setup a task to run daily to create that...  That will alleviate the personal edition issue you are encountering, but I was not sure what you have as far as product etc...  If you got things sorted, please consider leaving details on what you ended up doing, and after you post it, you can use the Accept as Solution button on it to mark it as the solution too.  If you have further questions, shout back.

Regards,
Brett

To help users find verified answers, please do not forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any post(s) that helped you resolve your problem or question.
I now work a compressed schedule, Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday, so those will be the days I will reply to any follow-up posts.