Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
royvanheusden
Contributor
Contributor

Count number of opens tab or/and clicks on button

Hello,

I want to count the number of times my QlikView tabs are being opened or the amount of times a button is clicked, but I don't know exactly how to do this. I was thinking about using the on activate sheet trigger but then I don't know what to do, I can't update a variable because that will refresh every session and that will only work per user.

I saw that I could also use a Macro but i'm not that familiar with that.

Can someone help me with this.

Greetings,

Roy van Heusden

5 Replies
Not applicable

Go to Document Properties -> General Tab -> Click on Memory Statistics -> Save the file

Create a test application and load the file which you saved.

You will find the statistics of each objects used in the application.

royvanheusden
Contributor
Contributor
Author

Hello Robert, thank you for your response, I wasn't familiar with that option. I just tried it and I don't think it offers me the information I need. It's not clear to me how I can get the opens of a specific tab.

I was hoping for a solution what can add a line to a txt file or someting with the date and the name of the tab or button. Then i will be able to see how many times a tab/button is opened over time.

Jason_Michaelides
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

Try using the QV System Monitor. It parses the log files and presents user stats.

QlikView Application: System Monitor v5.1.20

Hope this helps,

Jason

royvanheusden
Contributor
Contributor
Author

Thank you Jason, I will try to look into this, this week. I gave it a quick peek, and i saw that I need to set quite some settings.

Roy

Jason_Michaelides
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

There are a few, yes. But just set the file locations and reload - what you need might be in there already.