Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Create Negative Value in Script

Hi, I am still learning Qlikview and am trying to make sense of the script that our developer created.  When we have a Credit transaction, the dollar value is listed as a negative in reports I create (that part of our script is working), however if I want to calculate units it is counting the Credit as a positive number and throwing our total unit count off.  I need the Flag below to count the credits as a negative, but still make them visible in a report showing the value as "-1", or whatever the true count would be.  Right now, it shows all of our items in a transaction report as a unit of "1",  even though there are several credits in the report.

Here is the section in my script that sets the Revenue Flag, with CR being the Credit:

LOAD

IF(Tran_CTranType='CR','1',

IF(Tran_CTranType='S','1',

IF(Tran_CTranType='SC','1',

IF(Tran_CTranType='RI','1',

IF(Tran_CTranType='RR','1'))))) AS Revenue_Flag;

I'd appreciate any help.  Thanks!

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Not applicable
Author

You could try it like this sample.

View solution in original post

5 Replies
Not applicable
Author

Hi,

you will need to generate the flag in the script as negative for the credit transaction and then you will have to use that flag in your reports as well. I hope you are already doing it in your reports. so you just need to modify your script to make the flag negative when the transaction type is CR. try using below code.

LOAD

IF(Tran_CTranType='CR','-1',

IF(Tran_CTranType='S','1',

IF(Tran_CTranType='SC','1',

IF(Tran_CTranType='RI','1',

IF(Tran_CTranType='RR','1'))))) AS Revenue_Flag;

may be this will help you.

Thanks & Best Regards,

Kuldeep Tak

Not applicable
Author

Thank you for your quick reply!  I had tried that before and it still wasn't showing the transaction items as -1 in the report.  I have edited the script again to the -1, and here is the expression I'm using to sum the units:

SUM({<Revenue_Flag={'-1','1'}>} TranItem_Quantity)

When I look at the items listed in the report filtered down to Credits only, I see the units at "1" instead of "-1", but the dollar amounts are in parentheses to indicate a negative amount.

Is there something else I should be doing in my expression?  I am trying my best to figure this out on my own, but I am really stuck on this one (and it's probably an easy fix!) 

Thanks for the help!

Not applicable
Author

You could try it like this sample.

Not applicable
Author

Thank you!  That did it.  I figured it was an easy solution, I'm just not so good with expressions yet! 

Not applicable
Author

Hi,

Try using this

SUM({<Revenue_Flag={'-1','1'}>} TranItem_Quantity*Revenue_Flag)

Thanks & Best Regards,

Kuldeep Tak