Qlik Community

QlikView Scripting

Discussion Board for collaboration on QlikView Scripting.

Announcements

Breathe easy -- you now have more time to plan your next steps with Qlik!
QlikView 11.2 Extended Support is now valid through December 31, 2020. Click here for more information.

Not applicable

Create QVD with a CSV file, XLSX (Créer un QVD avec un fichier CSV, XLSX)

Hello,

I front a rather annoying problem because many post talks about the STORE command. Me as soon as I want to use this control I have this problem: ODBC connection failed

My script is linked with an FTP to get CSV files, XLSX to turn them into QVD:

XLSX:

LOAD

*;

SQL SELECT

FROM [ftp: // AAA: VVV@11.111.11.111/DV/nom_du_fichier.csv] (txt, codepage is 1252 embedded labels, delimiter is ';', no quotes)

* FROM STORE XLSX.qvd into XLSX (qvd);

If anyone can enlighten me on this.

Best Regards

Translated with Google Translate - Qlik Community Administrative Team

Bonjour,

Je devant un problème assez ennuyant car, beaucoup post parle de la commande STORE. Moi dès que je veux utilise cette commande j'ai ce problème : ODBC connection failed

Mon script est lier avec un FTP pour prendre les fichiers CSV, XLSX pour les transformer en QVD:

XLSX:

LOAD

*;

SQL SELECT

FROM [ftp://AAA:VVV@11.111.11.111/DV/nom_du_fichier.csv] (txt, codepage is 1252, embedded labels, delimiter is ';', no quotes);

STORE * FROM XLSX into XLSX.qvd(qvd);

Si quelqu'un peut m'éclaircir sur ce sujet.

Cordialement

Tags (3)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
oknotsen
Not applicable

Re: Créer un QVD avec un fichier CSV, XLSX

Translation (by Google Translate):

Hello,

I before a pretty annoying problem because many post talks about the STORE command. Me as soon as I want to use this command I have this problem: ODBC connection failed

My script is using an FTP link to take the CSV, XLSX to turn them into QVD:

XLSX:

LOAD   *;

SQL SELECT   *

FROM [ftp: // AAA: VVV@11.111.11.111/DV/nom_du_fichier.csv] (txt, codepageis1252embeddedlabels, delimiter is';',no quotes);

Does the LOAD go correct? I doubt it as it seems like you added an SQL statement while trying to load a CSV file. That is the reason you are getting an error.

Your script should probably look like this:

XLSX:

LOAD   *

FROM [ftp: // AAA: VVV@11.111.11.111/DV/nom_du_fichier.csv] (txt, codepageis1252embeddedlabels, delimiter is';',no quotes);

After that you want to store that file into a QVD file. To do so, add this line of script:

STORE XLSX into xlsx.qvd;

May you live in interesting times!
1 Reply
oknotsen
Not applicable

Re: Créer un QVD avec un fichier CSV, XLSX

Translation (by Google Translate):

Hello,

I before a pretty annoying problem because many post talks about the STORE command. Me as soon as I want to use this command I have this problem: ODBC connection failed

My script is using an FTP link to take the CSV, XLSX to turn them into QVD:

XLSX:

LOAD   *;

SQL SELECT   *

Does the LOAD go correct? I doubt it as it seems like you added an SQL statement while trying to load a CSV file. That is the reason you are getting an error.

Your script should probably look like this:

XLSX:

LOAD   *

After that you want to store that file into a QVD file. To do so, add this line of script:

STORE XLSX into xlsx.qvd;

May you live in interesting times!